Competitive Hourly Rate
9 days ago
Role: Building Surveyor
Contract/Staff: Contract (Inside IR35)
Our Client has a requirement for a Building Surveyor, who will be required to work on a 12 month contract basis in Leeds.
Job Role Responsibilities:
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors and providing a range of building surveying duties
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project by project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Condition and measured surveys
- Designing and implementing small – medium sized projects
- Due diligence inspection & reports
- The use and application of standard forms of building contracts, such as JCT and NEC.
- Feasibility studies
- Report writing
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports and specifications.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects
- Report to your line manager and undertake work activities as defined by your manager
Experience / Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- BSc (Hon's) Building Surveying RICS Accredited degree or similar.
- Full member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, MCIOB or similar Or working towards membership, but not essential, if comparable experience can be demonstrated.
- Ability to demonstrate good all-round surveying experience and be client facing with work winning skills.
- Good team working skills and ability to communicate well at all levels,
- Managing own workload & working independently
- Prepared to travel as required
- Strong IT skills, Word and Excel as a minimum. Candidates should be able to produce, edit and format documents.
- AutoCAD skills would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing clients and their expectations
- Full understanding of CDM Regs and Health and Safety requirements
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Building Surveyors looking for new employment.
Skills; Building; Surveyor; CAD; RICS; MCIOB; IT