Manchester, Greater Manchester
about 1 year ago
3 Months +
What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking for an experienced Chartered General Practice Surveyor whose role will be to provide a wide-ranging estates service for Trafford Council through the One Trafford partnership.
The One Trafford Partnership is a long-term commitment between the client and Trafford Council across a wide range of professional and operational services. As part of the team you will also be working on a wide range of activities ranging from management of the Council's corporate properties and investment portfolio to valuation and general consultancy advice on property matters.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of the Estates team and will be working directly to the Account Manager responsible for delivering the estate and property service to the Council. The role will include managing the let estate and advising the Council on all related aspects including but not limited to: -
- Landlord and tenant transactional work including new lettings, lease renewals and rent reviews
- Assisting with the collection of rent and arrears management
- Service Charge management in accordance with the RICS code
- Dealing with tenant applications for consent to carry out alterations and or assign/sublet
- Responding to queries from Councilors, tenants and residents and Freedom of Information requests
- Developing Estates Strategies and identifying opportunities to proactively add value and reduce costs
- Liaise with the client's FM team to ensure building maintenance, PPM and statutory compliance
Experience in landlord and tenant, negotiations, providing commercial property advice and working in a multi-disciplinary environment under pressure will be essential. In addition, the role will include providing support on other aspects of the teams' activity including valuation, regeneration and development projects
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, organised and commercially minded person ideally with knowledge of both the public and private sector. The individual will be confident in giving their advice and be used to presenting and reporting this to clients at a senior level and be able to justify their recommendations.
As this is a senior position the role holder will be expected to use their experience to support the whole team and specifically the Account Manager, including the ability to deputise at key meetings as required
The candidate must as a minimum be MRICS with at least 4 years post qualification relevant experience and will ideally also be a Registered Valuer
The role will involve spending a high proportion of time at the Client's office at Trafford Town Hall in addition to travelling throughout Trafford as required.