£325 - £350 per day
5 months ago
Senior quantity Surveyor - Warrington
£325 - £350 - On Going Contract
Long term contract to assist the commercial team on a new design and build gas pipe line in the Warrington area.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
* The commercial lead of a key multiple site project in the North West & Midlands
* Responsible for the commercial success of this NEC 3 Option C project
* Adhering to FES commercial administration procedures
* Promote and deliver a collaborative environment with both the client and throughout the management of the subcontract / supply chain accounts
* Reporting to the Commercial Manager (p/t) for the contractual management of projects
* Managing a Junior QS
ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Negotiate the terms and conditions in subcontracts.
* Management and payment of specialist subcontractors and key suppliers
* Ensure compliance with the contract terms, conditions, rights and obligations of the contract.
* Report on the outturn Pain / Gain on a monthly basis
* Coordinate any changes or amendments that may occur over the course contract, following the change process in accordance with this NEC 3 Option C contract.
* Analyse the impact of the change and any liability exposure that the change might cause.
* Ensure obligations specified in the contract are met through monitoring and tracking.
* Undertake site visits to administer the contract in line with the progress of the works.
* Monitor and report on the performance of the contract in terms of programme, cost and key events or issues.
* Perform the closeout process by reviewing the contract agreement, verifying that all terms and conditions of the agreement have been met and verifying all payments due have been made.
* Obtain and execute any forms, reports or clearances required and resolve any outstanding issues.
* Perform all duties in a collaborative manner with both client and subcontractors.
* Work with the project team to evaluate the impact of changes to the budget
* Capture and report cost variances
* Collate Defined Cost Records for audit by the client
* Production of:
o monthly Cost Value Reconciliation
o Earned Value Analysis report
o Data validation of Subcontract Applications / Payments
o Review and validation of weekly cost monitors comparing the forecast cost with actual cost taken from the weekly labour & plant returns.
o Monthly valuations
o Change registers.
o Commercial elements to feed the commercial report
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
o Degree qualified in Estimating or Quantity Surveying Minimum of 10 years' experience in the provision of Estimating and / or QS services.
o Experience undertaking the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor on previous projects let under an NEC3 form of Contract
* The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level.
* Civil works experience
* Analytical mind and logical problem solving.
* Able to work as part of a team.
* Committed to ethos of an accountable, cost effective, high quality, customer driven service delivery.
* Commercial awareness.
* Computer skills - Excel essential to a very good level, Word to a good level
* Familiar with NEC 3 forms of contract and processes
* Excel to an advanced level
* Understanding of accountancy systems
* Gas Pipeline experience
For more information about the Role, Company and Project please forward your up to date CV in response to this advert for a more detailed conversation.
Quantity Surveyor l Warrington l Contract l Gas l Pipelines l Utilities l Adam Rogerson