£40k - 50k per year
17 days ago
Role: Crane Support Engineer
Salary: up to £50,000
Our client is looking for someone to join their Cranes & Lifting team as a Crane Support Engineer. Your role will involve managing crane maintenance and ensuring regulatory compliance of offshore and onshore lifting appliances, guaranteeing their fitness for purpose. You'll also address issues related to the integrity, maintenance, and safe operation of lifting appliances and lifeboats. This role may require traveling to offshore installations for audits, surveys, and work scope assistance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Liaise with crane shift Engineers and management regarding operational issues/work scopes for lifting appliances.
- Assist with workpack preparation for planned maintenance, including structural integrity inspection scopes.
- Improve lifting appliance reliability and availability by promoting good planning, tackling root causes, and reducing maintenance backlog.
- Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting cost-consciousness.
- Coordinate materials for planned and corrective maintenance.
- Collate data and prepare annual deferrals for the removal and inspection of slew bearings.
- Ensure compliance with legal (LOLER) and health, safety, and environmental legislation.
- Assist with monitoring offshore maintenance requirements and ensure compliance with the verification scheme.
- Provide continuity of information between the two dedicated cranes and lifting engineers.
- Assist hub engineers with reports, Maximo updates, Sap requisitions, and general administration in the Crane department.
- Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
- Manage change effectively by creating and reviewing EMOC’s for offshore modifications, ensuring asset integrity is maintained.
- Minimum NVQ level 3 qualification with offshore industry experience.
- Experience with cranes and lifting appliances in the offshore industry.
- Strong operational knowledge of lifting appliances and associated equipment.
- Sound knowledge of engineering, maintenance, planning, logistics, and relevant legislation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer-based products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with Permit to Work, Management of Change, and computer-based maintenance management systems.
- Strong organizational skills for maintaining databases and transferring information to our main operating systems.
Our client offers competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Discretionary Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Pension Provision
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flex Days
- Profit ‘Units’ Sharing Scheme