10 months ago
The Design Project Manager - Plans and coordinates related engineering work on extremely large complex high bridge project. Manages the high bridge design consultant to ensure they meet schedule, cost, requirements, etc. Full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Responsible for acting independently on bridge engineering matters pertaining to the project, projects or designated large engineering assignments.
- Manages all major bridge (segmental and cable stay) engineering activities on a large, complex project/program or on multiple lesser size projects.
- Possesses direct structural engineering design and analysis experience on bridge structures and infrastructures.
- Experience providing technical structural support to Construction and disposition of queries and review of submittals.
- Ensures conformance with contract requirements relating to engineering in all works
- Establishes/manages the overall bridge engineering budget, maintains ownership, and ensures execution within approved budgets.
- Keeps informed on the status of all projects involving assigned personnel with respect to schedule, budget, requirements, work quality and client satisfaction, and contributes leadership, experience and expertise in the solution of difficult problems.
- Reviews major changes or deviations in bridge project scope, project material quantities, budget or schedule, and assists particularly with defining the change, obtaining accurate estimates of the hours involved, and recommending budget adjustment.
- Directs and provides technical and administrative guidance to assigned Project and/or discipline Engineers in the management of engineering projects.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in Civil / Structural or bridge Engineering
- Minimum of 20 years progressive experience in relevant bridge engineering including segmental & Cable Stay bridge design
- Experience with the use and thorough knowledge of International Design Codes, Standards, Specifications; particularly AASHTO, ACI, PTI and PCI.
- Evidence of direct experience in managing and executing bridge design and/or construction
- Knowledge of current computer-aided structural engineering and design software, such as STAAD. Pro, STAAD Foundation, ETABS, ADAPT, MIDAS, SAFE, and SAP2000
- Maintains a Registration or Charter as a Professional Structural Engineer (i.e., Registered Structural Engineer, MIStructE, or similar).
- Experience performing Value Engineering, Constructability Reviews, Safety Reviews, and O&M Reviews.
- Experience reviewing, updating, and preparing Structural Specifications, Design Manuals, Design Criteria, and Drawing Standards.
- Experience preparing structural/forensic engineering investigations, studies, and reports.
- Possesses working knowledge and production ability with computer-aided drafting software, such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Ensures consistency and uniformity of structural engineering across the various projects.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Mathcad, MATLAB, or similar.
- Possesses a working knowledge of BIM processes, including experience designing projects in BIM platforms, particularly Revit.
- Understands the roles played by other departments with respect to engineering and construction management, including construction and safety practices.
- Ability to prepare clear strategic planning procedures and user-friendly templates to assist entities in undertaking forward, strategic planning.
- Strong English language communication and report writing skills.