£30k - 35k per year + Package & Benefits
5 months ago
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Sequencing Development Team as a Development Scientist.
This exciting and challenging role will assist the development and continuous improvement of current and future sequencing platforms, in order to allow anybody to analyse samples anywhere, and in any environment.
The new hire will work across a variety of areas within the Sequencing Development team, with an initial focus on sequencing platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for improving the performance and reliability of core sequencing devices and components, feeding back issues and possible improvements to various stakeholders within the development team and wider company. This role will be evenly split between office and lab-based tasks.
What We're Looking For...
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or Engineering or in a relevant physical/biological area
- Working knowledge and experience of basic laboratory techniques e.g Pipetting, heating equipment and use of thermocyclers.
- Experience with Linux, Python and/or IPhython notebooks.
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of organisation.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. The role will involve constant interaction within a multidisciplinary team and with other stakeholders in Research, Development, Production and informatics teams.
If you are looking to utilise your skills to really make a difference to humankind, then consider joining our team and apply today!