Rate Dependant on Experience
3 months ago
Role: Electrical Supervisor Contract/Staff: Contract Location: Redcar IR35: Outside
Role Summary/Purpose: As an Electrical Supervisor, you will be part of the M&E department responsible for defining the onshore M&E strategy for wind turbine components and providing the necessary methods, tools, transportation, and manpower for projects. In this role, you will be mobilized on the Dogger Bank Offshore project, overseeing the M&E installation scope onshore, assisting the electrical engineering team with documentation, and interfacing with the M&E contractor. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the safe implementation and completion of WTG M&E activities in compliance with local legislation and company rules and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities: During the preparation phase:
- Assist in preparing for project readiness, including upcoming operations, mobilization, and offshore execution.
- Review punch lists and liaise with the M&E contractor.
- Review RAMS (Risk Assessment and Method Statements) and documentation.
- Provide daily activity reports.
During onshore preassembly works:
- Support the electrical engineer during construction operations at the preassembly site, ensuring project safety and timely milestone achievements.
- Supervise wind turbine M&E activities and report back to the electrical engineer.
- Work a 10-hour day shift Monday to Friday, with weekend working as required.
- Collaborate with the wider management and installation team, reporting non-conformities and preparing DPR (Daily Progress Reports) for the electrical engineer.
- Assist in improving procedures, updating and writing work procedures.
- Keep onshore construction operations on the critical path, ensuring optimal time frames and safe execution of preassembly construction work scopes.
- Coordinate the works of WTG technicians to ensure contractually agreed installation performance.
- Anticipate and resolve any roadblocks encountered during M&E works, organizing support from the back office and project team.
- Act as an interface between management and the M&E contractor.
- Review and assist the electrical engineer with the daily progress report of activities.
- Promote EHS (Environment, Health, and Safety) culture during operations, encouraging teams to freely report any issues.
- Professional education in electrical engineering and construction, or extensive knowledge in the offshore wind turbine construction industry as an electrician.
- Minimum 5 years of onshore/offshore supervisory experience.
- GWO (Global Wind Organization) - Full Package certification is mandatory.
- Industry Medical certification is mandatory.
- Proven history in offshore WTG construction with at least 5 years of experience in onshore/offshore wind construction in a leading position.
- Strong communication skills to share knowledge about installation method statements.
- Good understanding of CDM (Construction Design Management).
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated leadership, commitment, and ability to represent effectively.
- Strong focus on preventing negative environmental impact.
- Organized and transparent in work approach.
- Excellent communication skills and high flexibility.
- Ability to work effectively within a multicultural team.
Company Information: At First Recruitment Group, we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels, and this is a superb opportunity for individuals looking for a contract role as an Electrical Supervisor within the offshore wind turbine construction industry in Redcar.