£250 - £300 per day + Inside IR35
4 months ago
Working for a client organisation as a Highways Interface Advisor you will support the effective management of the Street Works Notice Management System for a defined geographical area. Progressing statutory notifications to relevant local authorities, street works undertakers, and other bodies for all Rail activities that have a highway interface, while updating the street works management system in accordance with national processes and populate systems with data.
- You will liaise with highway authorities, statutory undertakers and public utilities as required, and advise on attendance at highway authorities coordination meetings, where necessary as well as attending where necessary and represent the client at regional highway authority and utility committee (HAUC) and the Joint Authorities Group (JAG [UK]) meetings.
- Interface and liaise with local Authorities on the introduction and application of chargeable Permits required for works as well as validating on Fixed Penalty fines made against route and management of process where works were undertaken in accordance with New Road and Street works regulations.
- Deal with relevant legislation when client impact on public highways. Dealing with highways authorities, statutory undertakers and public authorities.
Apply for permits using software and knowledge of highways legislation
- Very desirable software knowledge: Eton Symology and Street Manager and live permitting system
- Advanced Excel
- Knowledge of Highway legislation
- New Roads & Street works act (NRSWA)
- Relevant successful construction experience in the railway industry at a professional level