Gatwick, West Sussex
Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Carries out constructability and buildability reviews of the developing concept design. Provides review input across a broad range of construction engineering work and disciplines.? Provides engineering assistance to personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and quality and assures results meet design intent.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the review of design drawings and the production of schematic layout drawings to support temporary construction works.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of plant and craft resources envisaged for the completion of each phase of the project.
- Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules, including the preparation of the design of temporary construction facilities.
- Assists other construction engineers:
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage locations exists and/or can be identified to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications and design drawings in order to develop the required and resultant delivery schedules.
- Coordinates with engineering design on constructability issues.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyses assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan, (for example- BIM) and the project controls program at the job site. ?Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Performs personnel evaluation of assigned subordinate personnel and ensures they receive progressive training.
- Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Drafts, reviews and provides input to Construction deliverables required for the DCO application.
- Technical knowledge of a specialised engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Experience of involvement in DCO applications preferred.
- A recognised degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialised courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.