Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Junior planning engineer
Client has been awarded a delivery partner contract to manage London City Airport's development plan. The work includes expanding existing terminal facilities and creating new airfield infrastructure for increased flight movements and a 50 percent increase in passenger numbers by 2025. The new facilities will provide for future growth in passenger numbers while maintaining service to current passengers. The upgrade will help future-proof the airport and accommodate the next generation of aircraft.
The London City Airport project is currently seeking junior planning engineer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviews design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete.
- Performs and/or coordinates, collects, verifies, and integrates the work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviews the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishes the conceptual scope of schedule studies. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performs productivity analysis of construction operations and verifies. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviews labor estimates for reasonableness.
- Establishes milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Coordinates the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
- Reviews the performing organization's and unit's work logics and determines whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule. Plans, coordinates, and establishes the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty and designates reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Reviews and evaluates schedule durations for all disciplines' activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervises/directs the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
- Provides full understanding of D.1.22 obligations and ensures the Contractor`s compatibility by timely communicating and reviewing the documents.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises schedule resource loading and leveling. Coordinates development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrates appropriate manpower requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determines quantity and manpower levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
- Obtains required schedule information by all disciplines. Identifies schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Works with all departments to ensure an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from interdiscipline or group restraints and interfaces.
- Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiles, summarizes, updates, and maintains historical schedule data. Monitors and reports the critical path and schedule performance of the total project.
- Performs project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervises/directs project schedule staffing and quantity reporting.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting the Schedule Impact Report. Responsible for the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Responsible for preparing what-if analysis when required and provide summary assessment report with advice on the path forward.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- Exposure in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications currently used in the company (Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications).
- Basic to Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by the company.
- Experience in infrastructure works such as piling, utilities construction and FitOut
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.