25 days ago
Lead Mechanical Engineer
£45-£55 an hour - negotiable
Inside ir 35
- The role reports to the Deputy Senior Engineering Manager / Assurance Lead
- To support the Mechanical Engineering function in adopting a pragmatic approach to the Mechanical engineering design and the standardisation of designs across the plant.
- Support assurance activities within the detail design, construction and commissioning phases including preparing for and chairing System, Assist and Readiness Reviews, reviewing design packages prior to issue for review with the Employer (Sellafield Limited), help in assessing comments and ensuring the lessons learnt are fed-back and used by the project’s engineering team.
- To provide advice and guidance to the Area Team members, Mechanical Lead Engineers on compliance with relevant legal requirements, Sellafield Ltd standards, European and British Standards, non-European standards and project procedures.
- To coordinate the production of common Mechanical Technical Specifications across all areas and to liaise with the Sellafield Ltd Mechanical Intelligent Customer (IC) to ensure the Mechanical design aligns with the projects ‘Fit for Purpose’ design philosophy and the IC’s expectations.
- Support the coordination and closeout of Technical Change by progressing and responding to DCP, TQs PPs and Concessions
Experience & Qualifications:
- Hold a minimum HND or equivalent (Essential)
- Degree Qualified, Chartered Engineer (Preferable)
- Have 15yrs (preferable) demonstrable experience in delivering nuclear Mechanical design in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry.
- Demonstrable experience in the leadership and direction of others to deliver Mechanical & Piping Design and Plant Layout.
- Experience of being a Mechanical technical lead supporting Sellafield project delivery:
- Familiar with Mechanical deliverables
- Familiar with a pragmatic approach to the application of applicable standards and practices.
- Proven understanding of Mechanical Specifications
- Experience of leading mechanical teams containing engineers, designers and mechanical stress analysts.
- Control of schedule and man-hour budgets
- Liaison with technical specialists within the JV parent companies
- A working knowledge of SL standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of NavisWorks
- Experience in interrogating design in the context of assuring its fitness for purpose with respect to design process, rigour and functionality.
- Experience of working with a client organisation to ensure a collaborative approach to design assurance.
- A self-starter with good communication, analytical and team working skills.
- Ability to chair and control meetings.
Please apply with an updated cv and I will contact all candidates back in the next couple of days.