£65k - 75k per year + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Location: Cheadle, Cheshire
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000
Full Time, Permanent Position
Health & Medical Care
Flexible Working Hours
The role: Senior Piping Designer
- Working with a Lead Engineer involved in the delivery of large single projects or leading the piping on a series of smaller projects depending on experience and ability.
- Working as part of a team to ensure the design and construction is completed and approved in accordance with the time, cost and quality parameters.
- Involved in the full life cycle of the project from concept layout, through model reviews to production of final isometrics and responding to site technical queries.
- Covering all aspects of piping design including P&ID’s, site surveys, site layouts, General Arrangements, isometrics, Bill of Materials, Pipe Supports, scanning and estimate preparations.
- Inter-discipline co-ordination and clash checks (manually & 3D model).
The Candidate: Senior Piping Designer
- Experienced at working with Plant 3D (or E3D/PDMS), AutoCAD 2D and Navisworks.
- Significant engineering and contracting experience in major and minor project environment.
- Highly motivated and confident and enjoys thinking creatively and logically to develop practical “real life” design solutions.
- Flexible and self-driven, working effectively within a team or alone.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team and leading fellow piping designers.
- Knowledge of UK, European, and ASME/ASTM international standards and practices.
- Major projects experience of £10m upwards.
- Experience working on brownfield projects
- Experience in Process Plant, Hydrogen, Renewables, Chemical and Biochemical sectors.
- Site experience – either during construction or plant operation/upgrade.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our engineering consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. Please get in touch with Ashleigh Lawrenson to discuss this in more detail (Ashleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org).