Birmingham, West Midlands
8 months ago
You will be responsible for leading on the technical input and civil engineering of our portfolio of projects for clients. Not only to work as part of a wider multi-disciplined project team where you will lead on the civil engineering discipline but the chance to develop your leadership and managerial competencies and skills.
- Lead on civil engineering design of site development works, earthworks, road design, underground drainage (surface, foul and process) and utility works.
- Carry out analysis and design work of all aspects of Civil work, from concept to detail design and commissioning, including site queries and design change requests during construction stage.
- Produce man hour estimates and technical write ups to support bid team.
- Work closely and interact with the end client, contractors and colleagues within the design time.
- Provide advice and act as a focus point for all civil engineering input during the lifecycle of the project delivery for the company.
- Conduct all tasks and work in line with contract, regulatory requirements and internal policy processes.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering
Preferably Chartered Engineer
- Proven expertise and knowledge in civil engineering design of related project type works (e.g. drainage systems, earthworks…)
- Design related software proficiency (e.g. AutoCAD, Windes, Revit, Civil 3D, PDS, Autotrack)
- Preferably experience with civil site construction stages of projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to interact with all stakeholders both externally & internally)
- A proactive approach with a 'can do' attitude to tasks and responsibilities.
- Aptitude towards leadership or management of others.