Birmingham, West Midlands
10 months ago
You will be responsible for leading on the technical input and civil engineering of our portfolio of projects for clients. Not only to work as part of a wider multi-disciplined project team where you will lead on the civil engineering discipline but the chance to develop your leadership and managerial competencies and skills.
- Lead on civil engineering design of site development works, earthworks, road design, underground drainage (surface, foul and process) and utility works.
- Carry out analysis and design work of all aspects of Civil work, from concept to detail design and commissioning, including site queries and design change requests during construction stage.
- Produce man hour estimates and technical write ups to support bid team.
- Work closely and interact with the end client, contractors and colleagues within the design time.
- Provide advice and act as a focus point for all civil engineering input during the lifecycle of the project delivery for the company.
- Conduct all tasks and work in line with contract, regulatory requirements and internal policy processes.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering
Preferably Chartered Engineer
- Proven expertise and knowledge in civil engineering design of related project type works (e.g. drainage systems, earthworks…)
- Design related software proficiency (e.g. AutoCAD, Windes, Revit, Civil 3D, PDS, Autotrack)
- Preferably experience with civil site construction stages of projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to interact with all stakeholders both externally & internally)
- A proactive approach with a 'can do' attitude to tasks and responsibilities.
- Aptitude towards leadership or management of others.