Milton Keynes / Hybrid
3 months ago
6 Months Renewable Contract
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Milton Keynes / Hybrid
Our Client is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to be based in their Milton Keynes office.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will have the responsibility to support the local projects team through the provision of Electrical Engineering, Design and Consulting Services.
This role will require a high level of autonomy and strong communication skills. The candidate will be a key point of contact for projects executed from the Milton Keynes office and will liaise closely with the Head Office design Department who shall provide further design services for key projects.
Role Detail Description:
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will work closely with the Multi-Discipline Design Team and Project Manager supporting the efficient and effective delivery of pharmaceutical projects.
The post holder will:
- Act as a key point of contact for electrical design undertaken from Milton Keynes Office making a strong link with Head Office.
- Review and assess customer needs.
- Provide resource estimates for design-related activities.
- Produce Reports, Scope of Works, Concept Design and Detailed Designs (Typically RIBA 2-4).
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards/quality requirements.
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors.
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions.
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) in a relevant design role including successful delivery of electrical installation designs within projects for the pharmaceutical sector.
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject.
- Membership of a professional Institution or similar body is desirable.
- Strong experience in UK pharmaceutical construction projects.
- Experience with E&I design best practices.
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support).
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Sound experience and knowledge of CDM Regulations 2015.
- Undertake site surveys.
- Poses collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team.
- Be familiar with hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principles and generation of associated documentation i.e. intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules.
- Poses ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable to liaise with client representatives.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Provision of 2D and 3D Design Deliverables, GAs, equipment layouts and cable/containment routing diagrams.
- Single line diagrams.
- Experience in undertaking Point Cloud Surveys.
- Cable block diagrams.
- Earthing diagrams.
- Experience in electrical building services design.
Proficient use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD LT
- Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
- Revit (Desirable)
- Microsoft suite of programs