Vietnam, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
£80k - 100k per year
9 days ago
Role - Maintenance Manager
Location - Vietnam
Our Client has a requirement for a Maintenance Manager , who will be required to work on a permanent basis in Vietnam
Updating the current Maintenance plan to take account of changes in design and maintenance requirements of the current installed or designed equipment since the tender.
• Working with and assisting Sub Systems teams develop, publish and gaining the clients approval .
• Assisting the Subsystem teams and Training Manager create training manuals and Documents
• Assisting subsystem managers identify and gain the clients approval of Spare parts and consumables lists and plans identifying the requirement
• Assisting the subsystems identify any maintenance requirements and support needs during T&C and project phases up to handover.
• Supporting the re negotiation of the maintenance contract as required.
• Assisting the MMS manager as necessary to ensure the Asset management/MMS System contains all the asset data and is ready for handover to the client.
• Identify the Maintenance resources necessary to transition from building the urban railway to operating the urban railway in line with the Maintenance plan and Training plans
• Ensure the correct and accurate records of maintenance are kept from the time of installation until hand over and into the maintenance contract.
Job Role Responsibilities:
• Providing an up to date, efficient and effective maintenance plan for a modern Urban Rail way.
• Support asset delivery, testing and commissioning teams with identifying and carrying out maintenance in the period up to handover.
• Responsible for working with the subsystems to developing the maintenance documents that will be required up to and post-handover.
• Responsible for ensuring the maintenance regime undertaken at the depot or any other location does
• Development of train delivery and maintenance acceptance processes and procedures
Support the commissioning of the depot special tools and equipment as instructed. These are to include Train Reprofiling plant, Wash plant, Lifting Jacks, servicing roads and workshop equipment.
• Responsible for writing the necessary operational process and procedures for the depot special tools, gaining HSQE approval and submitting documents to the quality management system
Ensure in process and post maintenance checks are performed in accordance with contract requirements to drive continued improvement.
• Gather and execute the maintenance plan from the Planning Manager.
• Continued development and improvements of all maintenance processes.
• Manage disciplinary issues, undertake staff appraisal for the maintenance teams as required.
• Carryout assessments in line with the depot competence management system as required.
• Must be prepared to travel and overnight away from base location for short periods of time to support commissioning, testing and specialist training.
• Assist as require and requested by the Chief Manager for Maintenance and Planning.
Experience / Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
Min 10 year Experience of leading Railway maintenance team on a shift bases comprising of modern rolling stock, track and railway asset including a maintenance depot repair work shop.
• Previous experience of written or update a maintenance plan for a Modern railways to take account of local staffing experience and training.
• Highly experienced in undertaking preventative and corrective rolling stock and railway asset maintenance on a modern urban railway.
• Outstanding Safety Awareness gained in an operational railway engineering environment NEBOSH or IOSH trained.
• Management of large diverse technical teams who will be working on a shift bases 24/7.
• Experience in developing and mentoring staff to gain experience and knowledge of modern maintenance processes and practices.
• Rolling stock test, approvals and commissioning experience preferably gain from a previous modern rolling stock fleet introduction.
• Extensive preventative and corrective railway asset maintenance experience. To include modern fault finding and repair techniques using pc based laptops and remote train diagnostics.
• Knowledge of Maintenance and Specified area protection processes.
•Manual Handling, COSHH certificates
At Talascend International we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Maintenance Manager looking for new employment.