16 days ago
Integrity Engineer - Pressure Systems
Contract Position - 12 months
Our client is one of the largest gas operators in the Southern North Sea. Its development and expansion have come from both organic growth and acquisition; we continue to develop a unique know-how while diversifying towards new markets to guarantee the independence and the sustainability of the company over time.
Working as part of our dynamic Integrity team, this is a critical role where you will ensure pressure containing assets remain fit for purpose and fully support the pressure systems team to ensure the ongoing integrity for topsides pressure equipment for the onshore terminals and offshore assets.
You will have responsibility for managing the integrity of pressure systems fixed equipment, including ownership of Written Schemes of Examination, inspection regimes, inspection methodology, PSV management, defect assessment and fit for purpose assessments (for onshore and offshore pressure systems).
You must be able to plan and organise your work, be a good communicator, self-motivated and be an active team player. Whilst this role is office based there will be a requirement to travel offshore on occasions. You will report directly to our Pressure Systems Team Leader.
Key responsibilities include:
* Review inspection reports and propose updated written schemes of examination (WSE) to appropriately address and manage integrity status by population of a electronic database (TiM).
* Assess anomalies and defects on piping, vessels and tanks to determine the condition and fitness for service of the plant and associated pressure equipment
* Identify repairs where necessary and propose, raise and review repair orders and fabric maintenance recommendations by population of MAXIMO.
* Provide input into timely execution of repair orders and fabric maintenance activities necessary to maintain legal compliance and safe future service.
* Ensure that repair order assessments remain current and that overdue repair orders are appropriately reassessed for safe continued use.
* Communicate integrity concerns appropriately to the team leader, department manager and when required, to the wider business and provide strategic updates on emerging issues and integrity projects.
* Support the team and input with HSE interations, technical discussion and audits.
* Assist the team leader to fulfil the role of Competent Person under PSSR and COMAH Scheme for onshore terminal and the expectation with IPPPS for offshore assets.
* Manage and review external studies by specialist contractors.
* Support offshore and onshore operations in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary.
* Responsible for the review of PSV recertification tests and propose appropriate future integrity management plans for PSVs. Act as focal point and provide support to 3rd parties carrying out PSV related integrity activities.
* Contribute to internal failure investigations and act on conclusions from such investigations to prevent reoccurrence.
* Conduct asset visits and surveys to plan, manage and witness ongoing integrity related tasks
and to maintain familiarity with the asset and its integrity condition
Experience / Qualifications
* Recognised Mechanical or Metallurgy degree and chartered status (or working towards).
* Ideally at least 5 to 10 years of experience in the Process / Petrochemicals Industry, with 5
years' experience within onshore/offshore oil & gas.
* Relevant experience should include pressure vessel design, risk-based inspection planning,
fitness for service assessment, plant inspection, corrosion management and repair planning.
* With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative
approach to problem solving and good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.