2 months ago
There is a requirement for a Pipeline Lead Engineer to come onto a subsea project in Paris, France on a contract-basis for at least 8-months.
- Managing an engineering team within projects
- Managing all external (clients, subcontractors) and internal interfaces (other disciplines, installation, SCM),
- Being in accountable for the respect of the budget and planning of the scope of your team
- Being the technical expert and participating to the subcontractors selection
- Supervising the technical documentation issued on project, within HSEQ norms:
- Design studies following industry standards (DNV, API), clients specifications and company standards
- Finite element analyses using Abaqus software (ex : lateral buckling, walking analyses)
- Material requisitions, specifications, technical documentation from subcontractors & suppliers
- Proposing innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction
- Report to the Project engineering Manager for activities on project.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Familiar with the design and analysis of subsea rigid pipeline spools (this MUST be subsea experience and not onshore).
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent experience in Mechanical, Civil, Structural or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Good practice of Finite Element Analyses and Abaqus software
- Familiar with major pipeline design codes and standards (API, DNV)
- Ability to add technical value to pipeline design & optimization proposals
- Ability to use Mathcad and/or Excel calculation facility to create and check calculations
- Ability to perform and write technical reports (in English mandatory)
- Pipeline design engineer with 8 years experience with seniority in offshore pipe design and analyses