about 1 month ago
Project Engineer (NEC Supervisor)
Our Client has a requirement for a Project Engineer (NEC Supervisor), who will be required to work on a permanent basis in Dublin.
The Project Engineer will be assigned to Delivery within the Infrastructure Department's Portfolio, across a number of engineering disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical and electrical and shall support the planning, coordination and management of construction quality assurance and quality control and construction supervision, as necessary, across the Infrastructure Department's Portfolio and ensure projects are delivered safely in accordance with quality, schedule and cost targets.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Carry out the duties as designated by the Project Manager and Head of Construction.
- Conduct and oversee the role that requires an on-site presence during the project's construction.
- Monitor compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental issues.
- Actively promote a positive safety culture in the team and on-site.
- Attend safety leadership meetings as required.
- Carry out the role of Site Project Manager ("SPM") as defined in the Contracting Entity's Airport Direction D-0 Construction Projects and undertake appropriate training to satisfy the competencies for this role.
- Carry out any other role as defined in the Contracting Entity's Airport Directions or Safety Management System.
- Review construction quality plans and inspection plans.
- Perform construction quality assurance (surveillance and monitoring) on design and build projects to establish confidence in the quality of the work being performed meets requirements.
- Perform construction quality control (100% through planned Hold and Witness points) on traditional projects to establish confidence that the quality of the work being performed meets requirements.
- Regularly inspect the works to ensure that they are constructed in accordance with the contract drawings, specifications, quality inspection plan and best industry practices.
- Review and comment on contractor RAMS for submittal to the P2W permit system.
- Monitor and comment on the contract programme.
- Keep a comprehensive site diary.
- Prepare daily reports setting out the relevant information including but not limited to site and weather conditions, plant, labour and material resources, material deliveries, work locations, work activities undertaken, safety performance and any issues, quality performance and any issues raised etc.
- Assist the Project Manager in the management of RFI's, Change requests and Technical Queries.
- Assist the management and PSDP to review the Project Safety File.
- Establish and agree on KPIs to measure contract performance.
- Manage and close out construction defects prior to and after the issue of the Practical Completion Certificate for specific Projects.
- Liaise with stakeholders prior to, during and on completion of the projects.
- Be open to using new systems/processes of work and attend training to satisfy the competencies of such systems/processes.
- Liaise with and work with all daa departments; landside operations, airside operations, TSOs etc.
- Sign on and off projects that require to be signed off.
- Attend site progress meetings and complete any arising actions.
- Attend design meetings if the input is required and complete any arising actions.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years experience on major Civil/Building works projects in the aviation sector - experience in airport construction projects at international airports or in similarly highly regulated environments is preferable.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure, engineering and delivery particularly around construction methodologies.
- Tangible experience in documenting best practice construction development and implementation frameworks, policies and standards.
- Experience in dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation influencing the improvement of processes and guidance to support project delivery.
- Experience in operating in an aviation site-based position.
- Knowledge of NEC and FIDIC suite of contracts, or as per daa's discretion.
- Experience in contract management and administration across several contract types.
- Degree in the relevant subject area e.g. engineering, construction, project management required, with a relevant post-graduate degree preferable.
- Chartered Member of a relevant professional body preferred e.g. Chartered Engineer (MICE, IEI or equivalent).
- Successfully lead and deliver on multiple and complex construction projects.
- Ability to govern and drive outcomes to ensure high-quality construction outputs that meet health and safety standards.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Take decisive action based on your own judgement, experience and knowledge.
- Problem analysis & problem resolution.
- Ability to create a collaborative culture across the programme team (Infrastructure, end-users and supply chain).
- Excellent stakeholder negotiation and management skills.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Project Engineer’s (NEC Supervisor) looking for new employment.
Talascend is a First Recruitment Group company.