£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + + benefits
2 months ago
Working on behalf of a leading Asset Management company we're currently looking for someone holding a valid STE05 competency to provide Inspections on a number of live rail stations located across the London area.
The OPI examiner will be responsible for carrying out visual and detailed inspections on OPI infrastructure including but not limited to fabric and M&E assets within station buildings and depots. The examiner will report directly to the Project Engineer and ensure inspections are completed to a high standard and within timescale. The examiner will be expected to conduct all site activities (examinations) with the support and management of the Project Engineer, giving daily progress reports and have a good working understanding of how to carry out OPI inspections in accordance with NR/L1/CIV/006 Part7A and 7B as well as NR/L3/CIV/006 Part 11A and 11B.
- Carry out visual and detailed OPI Inspections on Railway Stations and Depots to NR standards NR/L3/CIV/006 Part 11A and 11B
- Conduct yourself on site in a courteous and obliging manor with clients and members of the public.
- Be proactive in planning your day / week ensuring any access arrangements are arranged in order to carry out the inspections.
- Report and escalate any issues or lost time to your line manager as needed. The project Engineer will be on hand for tasks that require more than one person.
- Be proficient in the use of Pole Star systems, mainly BAMS (training will be provided).
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Have at least 3 years' experience in carrying out visual and detailed OPI Inspections to NR standards NR/L3/CIV/006 Part 11A and 11B
- Experience carrying out 'recon surveys'
- Good understanding of materials/defects and risk scoring.
- Carry a valid STE5 competency.
- Have a good working knowledge of rail environment.
- Be highly computer literate with a view to learning Pole Star software.
- Have a valid PTS certificate.
- A full UK driving licence is desirable but not essential if the candidate is confident in the use of public transport minimising disruption to site activities.