Negotiable + Public Sector IR35
6 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
Supporting the project teams with all planning related activities associated with the management of their contracts and reporting requirements. Participating and supporting the project teams in project and programme planning and progress meetings. Identifying and maintaining programme/project milestone and schedule interface activities. To prepare periodic progress reports of Level 1 and Level 2 schedules.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Supporting in relation to:
- Performing and/or coordinating, collecting, verifying, and integrating the work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviewing the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishing the conceptual scope of schedule studies.
- Establishing milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviewing project work activities in support of project milestones. Coordinating the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
- Preparing and or reviewing schedule logic and duration changes in conjunction with the project team to determine whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule and comply with NEC contractual processes. These processes include: checking that plans are complete and reflect the contractual scope of work, time risk allowances are clearly shown and in conjunction with other project team members reviewing cost loading submissions.
- Planning, coordinating, and establishing the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty, and designating reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviewing completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Reviewing and evaluating schedule duration for all disciplines' activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervising/directing the calculation of duration and other considerations affecting activity duration.
- Preparing and analysing comparisons of scope, quantity data between projects. Developing bid evaluation schedule criteria and supporting bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors.
- Obtaining schedule information required by all disciplines. Identifying schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Working with all departments to provide an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Integrating all schedule activities. Identifying schedule considerations and problems resulting from interdisciplinary or group restraints and interfaces. Verifying consistency with previous reports to facilitate compatibility. Issuing reports in support of the programmes reporting processes.
- Supporting development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiling, summarising, updating, and maintaining historical schedule data. Monitoring and reporting the critical path and schedule performance of the total project.
- Performing project schedule analysis and studying of problem areas to determine critical of schedule activities. Recommending alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Coordinating information input into specific studies. Integrating activities and total work scope identification. Evaluating study results and recommending conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervising/directing project schedule staffing and quantity reporting.
- Preparing and presenting schedule impact reports. Leading the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Monitoring that schedule backup and historical archiving is carried out in accordance with programme requirements.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
- Providing support for the planning and scheduling processes that are required to manage contracts and contractor schedules.
- Providing support for the programmes progress and reporting requirements.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate schedule interface requirements.
- Adhering to NEC contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions.
- Maintaining an awareness of Commitments and Undertakings and support efforts to manage the requirements to avoid breach.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Project Manager and Project Teams
- Contractor Project Manager and Planning Staff
- Area Programme Controls Leads
5. Person Specification
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, with operational implementation and daily contractor management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Working knowledge of PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications.
- Working knowledge of multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Office Applications, for example.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.