25 days ago
End Of Project
Discipline Senior QS (Commercial Manager)
Contact – End of Project
Our Client has a requirement for a Discipline Senior QS (Commercial Manager), who will be required to work on a contract basis in Warrington.
The project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable the conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Project.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Provide robust commercial systems for the proper commercial management and reporting of project delivery by the relevant Area Project Teams (this includes NEC subcontract negotiation, drafting, administration, main contract communications and change management).
- Instigate guidance, procedures, training and audits to ensure that QSs are delivering in accordance with procedures and good practice and are developed to their fullest potential.
- Provide guidance and feedback to Area delivery teams on commercial good practices.
- Ensure appropriate commercial terms are incorporated into NEC based contracts and that contracts are checked before issuing for signature.
- Ensure that subcontracts are administered in accordance with agreed terms, conditions and authorities, particularly that payments are made in due time for all entitlements.
- Ensure that expenditure (to date and forecast) is reviewed.
- Ensure that delegated authorities are adhered to.
- Act as the route of escalation from Area Project teams for commercial concerns.
- Support Delivery Managers in the monitoring and management of the commercial performance of the Area Project teams and issues arising
- Liaise with Delivery Managers on issues on behalf of commercial and manage resolution.
- Ensure supplier costs incurred are recoverable from the Client and manage Client Supplier Cost audits.
- Motivate, support and assist with the development of QS’s and Assistant/ Trainee QS’s. (eg 1-2-1s, development plans, performance reviews)
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent.
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB.
- Nuclear and/or EPC exposure.
- Construction Industry experience working with NEC3.
- RICS or CICES accreditation is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Discipline Senior QS (Commercial Manager) looking for new employment.