about 1 year ago
Supervises: Site Sourcing Team
Responsibility Level: Working within a flexible Supply Chain environment, this role will be responsible for the Purchasing activities within a number of specified projects and commodities. The development, motivation and management of a high impact team within the business. The role will be accountable for material cost within a project and the cost down activities necessary to achieve cost targets as well as driving on time delivery and right first time quality of supplied parts. The drive into low cost countries and the process not only to pick high performing suppliers and people but also to be influential in growing their capabilities.
Level of Operation:
* Be part of the site leadership team
* Be seen as a senior leader within the site
* Be able to lead negotiations with key suppliers and stake holders
* To represent the department at senior levels internally and externally
* To be a leader and inspire the department
* Set high personal standards of behaviour and ethical practice
* Deliver cost savings in line with annual targets, across both projects and commodities.
* Establish, manage and lead a high performance team
* Manage sourcing with agreed structures to ensure most cost effective solutions for each project.
* Drive cost down activities within project and sourcing teams
* Ensure Timely delivery of parts. Report Measures of Performance for sourcing inline with site requirements and the contribution to Project.
* Establish and agree material cost targets and track actual costs through project development.
* Compile and articulate quarterly Cost Margin Review data for all live projects.
* To ensure material cost drivers are understood and visible to the project teams/ engineers.
* Create and manage strategic breakthrough strategies for a pre-defined commodity portfolio to support business requirements.
* Manage contract negotiations which will encompass Customer Flow Down, Long Term Agreements, Frame Work Agreements (Enterprise and/or BU), and Price Agreements.
* Represent the BU and participate in Commodity Management teams across Corporation.
* Undertake spend analysis, supplier assessment and supplier selection to agreed processes.
* Where appropriate, contribute to design process to ensure DFM, DTC and DFA realise lowest cost options.
* Establish a succession plan within the department.
* Manage relationships with suppliers on behalf of the Company.
* Undertake contract negotiation and ensure appropriate flow-down of terms and conditions.
* To ensure prototype and initial production parts are available on time to the programme schedule, realising opportunities to compress lead times and reduce time to market.
* Deploy Design to cost methodology into project team to ensure cost targets are met
* Deploy Value Analysis and Value Engineering into project team
* Develop the purchasing team in line with objectives
* Ensure supplier input to design to achieve most cost effective solution
* Recruiting and development of the site procurement team
* Drive for improvements in and periodic reporting of:
o Cost reduction
o On time delivery
o Order raised on time
o Total incoming quality
o Cost of quality
o Total number of live suppliers
o Spend % in LCC
o Days to pay reduction
* Motivation and discipline within the team.
* Managing holidays and sickness to allow continuous functioning of the department
* To represent either self or via delegation the department at various meeting and reviews
* To ensure a succession plan is in place for key areas within the department
* To ensure best practice is deployed within the department by using:
o Sourcing methodologies
o Supplier evaluation and monitoring
o Supplier rating
o Project management
o Best use of ERP system
o Deployment where applicable Costs models
* To work actively with coordinated Sourcing activities and ensure best advantage is taken.
* To be a champion of lean enterprise and install same with the department.
Profile / Requirements:
* Demonstrated ability to manage measure and motivate a team.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to apply them within an engineering / design / manufacturing environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to instil confidence in all stakeholder groups and manage complex commercial relationships.
* Must be self-starter, able to lead by example and driven to achieve exacting targets
* Must be a clear communicator confident at delivering measures to groups
* Demonstrated experience of operating at all levels of the organisation
* Proven experience of managing complex supply chains preferably within an manufacturing environment
* Ideally a track record of sourcing within a Low Cost Country environment
* Ability to manage an extended team in a matrix organisation
* Demonstrated commercial awareness and ability
* Ability to work without close supervision to meet pre-agreed objectives
* Probably either qualified to or working towards CIPS
* Good understanding of engineering (Mechanical/Electrical or Electronics) with demonstrable experience and proven ability to influence
* Demonstrated commercial awareness with the ability to analyse and negotiate complex supply agreements.
* Experience of developing, implementing and managing commodity strategies
* Highly data literate and driven by the facts of a case