£55k - 65k per year
10 days ago
As the Principal Electrical Engineer you will be working closely with the Head of EC&I for the technical leadership of the department and to provide technical guidance to Engineers and Designers within the team.
The role will involve technical leadership and mentoring of the team including graduates. It will also involve the day to day leadership of an assigned team at project level to profitably and successfully deliver projects as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Feasibility, outline and detailed electrical design work including:
- Functional Design Specifications
- Electrical Scope/Specification documents
- Plant/equipment datasheets
- Load schedules.
- I/O schedules
- Power/ICA cable schedules.
- Electrical calculations
- Electrical drawings.
- Single line diagrams
- Routing and cabling containment designs.
- General engineering design.
- Site visits and data collection.
- Assisting with delivering design and general engineering projects.
- Assisting with bids and proposal documents as required to support the Head of EC&I or Bid Manager as appropriate.
- Technical checking of the team’s work.
- Technical management of electrical vendors and sub-contractors.
- Provide project team leadership.
- Ensuring project deliverables comply with appropriate design codes and legislation.
The successful candidate will work on a range of diverse projects predominantly in the heavy chemical sector. However, some work is carried out in other industry sectors.
- Preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in related subject (e.g. electrical engineering although a HNC or HND with appropriate level of experience will be considered.
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer with IET, or working towards.
- Good practical knowledge and design experience of LV cabling design for industrial applications.
- Good practical knowledge and design experience in the specification and testing of MCCs and LV switchboards.
- Experience of the specification of transformers, standby generators and UPS systems.
- Experience of Lightning protection design.
- Experience of reviewing vendor submittals and managing vendors/sub-contractors.
- Design experience for DSEAR classified areas
- Proficient in the use of Amtech Pro LV design package.
- Lighting, Fire Alarm and MV specification & design experience is desirable.
- Fieldbus technology (Profibus DP and Modbus RTU) design knowledge would advantageous.
- Functional Safety, Control and instrumentation specification & design experience is desirable.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Display a positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Must be well motivated, able to work as part of a team or in independently when required.
Even if you do not match 100% off the job spec, we do encourage you to apply for this position.