Dependent on Experience
28 days ago
Role: Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Our Client has a requirement for a Geotechnical Engineer, who will be required to work on a permanent basis for one of our clients based out of Birmingham
Our client are now seeking to strengthen and grow their Engineering team in their Birmingham office, but with extensive flexibility to work from home, by recruiting an experienced Principal Geotechnical Engineer. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Geotechnical Engineer to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
Job Role Responsibilities:
The main duties of the Geotechnical Engineer will be:
- Lead design production and excellence within the discipline team
- Provide technical guidance to discipline design teams
- Lead innovative solutions to design problems o Accountable for the design team, recruitment, training and development of staff
- Accountable for the allocation of work to designers including utilisation o Integrate with international technical networks in the delivery of designs.
- Lead technical delivery of design discipline production to agreed programme, budget and safety and quality specifications
- Responsible for the delivery of CDM and design compliances
Experience / Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
Significant previous experience in Geotechnical Engineering is required, with experience in the delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Experience in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology and geo-environmental engineering
- Detailed experience in earthwork design, ground improvement, foundations, retaining structures and slope stability assessments
- Degree (or equivalent) in Geotechnical Engineering or related field o Chartered Engineer MICE/ Geologist Cgeol/ MIMMM/ MISSMGE
- Experience in management, procurement, supervision and interpretation of ground investigations o Experience in client development
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Geotechnical Engineers looking for new employment.