Gatwick, West Sussex
Up to £0.00 per annum
over 2 years ago
QS/Estimator required to work for Delivery Partner on the Gatwick Airport Upgrade.
Based on site at Gatwick - Contract or Permanent.
Rate negotiable depending on relevant experience.
All Offers Subject to successful Security Clearance for Airport Pass
Performs general or discipline cost estimating, analysis, and control activities for project and/or proposal efforts in the Infrastucture heavy civil and/or rail businesses. Performs historical data analysis and maintains historical databases. Supports estimate reporting and reviews. Executes simultaneous tasks within broadly defined parameters.
- Demonstrated intermediate understanding of Estimating core processes requiring minimal direction and supervision.
- Knowledge of EPC estimating practices, methods/processes, and procedures in addition to the various estimate components, types and classifications.
- Basic knowledge of project controls concepts, practices, and procedures, specifically project schedules, work breakdown structure, and budgets.
- Experience in performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, and report writing.
- Understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and financial records.
- Knowledge of construction methods and construction practices.
- Knowledge in the use of industry technology processes for executing work.
- Familiar with commercial terms and conditions (contractor relationships, currency exchange, taxation, inflation, insurance, escalation, etc.) and with market pricing in area of specialization.
- Basic knowledge of financial report systems, cost account codes and understanding of cost control instructions that impact estimates.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a project team environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction management, business management or related field OR minimum of 5 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Estimating or Project Controls
- Must demonstrate advanced level of expertise in the use of MS Word and MS Excel, typically acquired through multiple years of experience.
- Basic knowledge of scheduling software.
- Knowledge of engineering and/or construction management
- The right to work and remain in the United Kingdom without sponsorship
- Experience with capital cost estimate development
- Experience in Heavy Civil, Rail Transit systems and or Highway estimating
- Demonstrated ability to readily analyze estimate data and correlate to other projects and to conceptualize the total project scope.
- Ability to perform productivity analysis of construction operations and verify results by staffing and crew analysis of work operations by craft
- Ability to review proposal provisions related to schedule/cost engineering and material control, and develops supporting data for contract negotiations.
- Develops bid evaluation cost and schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations
- Experience with HCSS HeavyBid or similar computerized estimating systems geared toward heavy civil construction estimating.
- Experience in working with multiple estimating disciplines within a matrix organization including Construction, Engineering, Project Controls, Procurement, Contracts and Commissioning to collect all necessary data on scope and quantities to prepare an accurate estimate.