25 days ago
Pay - £30-£40 an hour
Location - Stafford
In this position, you will be inspecting materials that are received from external suppliers for imperfections and nonconformities. You will review all parts that you are assigned against the blueprints and process sheets to verify that the parts meet client standards. Any non-conforming parts you will need to report to Manufacturing quality /Supplier quality team for Non- conformance report to be raised against the supplier .
We will supply an Inspection Criteria and Inspection Matrix to work to.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Ability and willingness to use basic hand tools and measuring devices (i.e. - dial calipers, rulers, tape measures, protractors, micrometers, gauges, etc.) as required within department.
• Utilize manual or automated measurement and testing equipment to assure quality of products
o Perform visual & dimensional inspections and set area management of the parts.
o Ensure quality of parts meet specification requirements
o Prevent non-conforming parts from proceeding to the next workstation
• Identify and document non-conforming parts.
• Inspect all raw materials and purchased parts to determine conformance to design requirement
• Perform job responsibilities according to internal process specifications and third-party requirements
• Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures
• Assist support functions in root cause analysis
• Proactively work to improve efficiency and quality of products.
• Cross-train other employees as needed based upon knowledge and experience.
• Report problems to appropriate manufacturing quality team
• Communicate with team to ensure all team members are aware of product deficiencies, new processes, or issues. Participate in and support team initiatives.
• Work with limited supervision managing the flow of materials for inspection against Material inspection Matrix – following defined Inspection criteria
• Knowledge of flaws and defects
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments
• Ability to comprehend drawings & Quality Inspection Criteria
• QC experience in repair or manufacturing industry
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
• Good command of written and spoken English
• A team player
• 1-3 years Inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
• Basic knowledge of Quality System requirements
• General knowledge of electrical components and test methods
• Specific knowledge in Receiving, Electrical, or Mechanical Inspection
• Experience in a self-directed team environment
• Lean manufacturing knowledge
• GCE ‘O’ level or equivalent with 3 years’ Quality inspection working experience; or
• GCE ‘A’ level or equivalent with 2 years’ experience in Quality Inspection environment.