City of London, London
9 months ago
Talascend are currently seeking an Asset Engineer (Drainage) for a contract opportunity in London.
As part of their Southern Region Route Asset Management Team, our client are looking for Asset Engineers to provide engineering expertise and advice across functions and disciplines on drainage systems such that they are inspected, recorded, maintained and renewed to relevant standards.
- Provide a strategic view on all cross functional route drainage activity to facilitate the alignment, optimisation and prioritisation of inspection, maintenance and renewal activity across asset management directorates.
- Manage the requirements for examination and undertake evaluation and assessment of drainage assets.
- Manage compliance of examination and evaluation of drainage assets against requirements of standards, procedures and policies.
- Develop route specific drainage management and prioritised investment plans.
- Manage the inclusion of all investment items into appropriate programmes and track through to completion including approval of programme changes.
- Support the Route Asset Manager in providing the business case and sponsoring drainage engineering renewal schemes.
- Produce remits for investment schemes and review technical development of projects, checking that the renewal requirements are sufficient, correctly interpreted and any changes are agreed.
- Undertake effective handover of drainage renewals to Maintenance with appropriate specifications and manuals.
- Specify control measures where proposed interventions are deferred
- Regulatory projects that need working on - analysis of high risk and production of documentation associated with those sites
- Production of drainage management plants
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in civil engineering, geography or geology
- Project management qualification
- Experience in water industry/drainage
- Rail experience - desirable
- GIS - Geographical Information Systems
Travel to site visits - driving licence essential