Up to £0.00 per annum
about 3 years ago
There is a requirement for an Assistant Electronics Engineer on a Rail Infrastructure project in North Somerset on a contract-basis for at least 6 months.
- Assembly, calibration, testing and fault-finding of Electronics Control Units (ECU) and other electronics equipment for use in the railway infrastructure and assisting in electronics design and development activities.
- Essentially this is a hands-on assembly and test role, which requires the physical inspection and test of printed circuit boards and complete electronics assemblies.
- Experience in dealing with safety critical / high reliability electronics is essential, as is the need to process and interpret downloaded performance data from the ECU.
Essential Skills Required:
- Electrical/Electronic HNC/HND or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Experience as technician/tester & within an engineering role.
- Ability to process and interpret functional and performance data, downloaded from the ECU or similar equipment.
- Ability to build Test fixtures, including good mechanical & electronics assembly, soldering and wiring skills.
- Knowledge of analogue and digital circuits and able to interpret complex circuit schematics.
- Proven customer focus with flexibility to respond rapidly to customer demands.
- Appreciation of safety critical requirements and responsibilities.
- Understanding of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) for electronics equipment.
- Schematic/PCB design experience using CAD tools.
- Knowledge of Field Programmable Gate Array Logic (FPGA) technology and VHDL.
- Some experience of electro-mechanical actuation systems/ mechanisms