Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
over 1 year ago
1. Purpose of the Job
The Configuration Management (CM) Coordinator is a role which supports the management of change to the Asset Data Model (ADM) as well as other configuration items identified for the entire. This involves coordinating various aspect of the Change Management Process (CMP) both within the projects eB database and in external processes which facilitate controlled change. Where required the role will also be required to implement approved changes.
This role will be part of the Asset Information Systems team and performs a role in enabling other processes within the team.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Coordination of the ADM query process ensuring that all queries are answered or where required changes are correctly raised within the CMP.
- Coordination of the ADM change process ensuring that all changes are assessed reviewed and implemented in line with the defined process.
- Ensuring that all changes are correctly identified, categorised and documented throughout the CMP
- Coordinating with all stakeholders within the CMP to ensure awareness of newly produced configuration information.
- Populating predefined templates with identified configuration changes and ensuring the correct implementation of these approved changes.
- Implement configuration changes against the AIMS database and associated information.
- Support the Asset Information team by providing regular and accurate reporting from AIMS and the CMP to both internal and external stakeholders.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
- Ensuring that changes to the ADM are correctly categorised and the potential impact of the changes are fully documented.
- Ensuring that stakeholders within the CMP process conform to the documented process and provide information within agreed timeframes.
- Managing a complex change process with various sources of potential changes.
- Ensuring that low risk changes are expedited through the CMP whilst maintaining the correct process for higher risk items is followed.
- Ensuring that the broad range of routine/regular tasks and ad hoc tasks, which may vary greatly in duration and complexity are managed effectively and delivered to required timescales and quality.
- Ensure that data held within the CMP support correct reporting and analysis outputs.
- Being able to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders using written and verbal communication.
- Ensure all aspect of the ADM are maintained in line with the current baseline and approved changes.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
There are no budgetary or line management requirements to the role
Key internal/external relationships include (but are not limited to):
- Head of Technical Support Services
- Configuration Manager
- Asset Information Systems and Status Manager
- Asset Information Systems Analyst
- Asset Information Manager
- Technical Data Manager
- Programme Control
5. Person Specification
- Broad experience of business focused data and information management techniques is essential.
- Experience of change control processes is essential.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications is essential.
- Effective communication skills in a variety of formats are essential.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Working knowledge of Crossrail project is essential.
- Working knowledge of Bentley eB is essential.
- Experience of coordinating processes which involve multiple stakeholders is desirable.
- Knowledge of data governance approaches is desirable.