Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
almost 3 years ago
Purpose of the Job
Assist the Lead Contracts Administrator in administering an NEC3 contract consistent with Contracts Management Policies and Work Processes, Procedures and Systems; checking that commercial and contract issues are dealt within the Project at the lowest level cognisant with the delegated authorities; deputising for the Lead Contracts Administrator when requested and performing duties allocated by the Lead Contracts Administrator for the successful commercial management of the project goals and objectives.
Assist the Lead Contracts Administrator in relation to the following:
- Analysing and assessing compensation events in accordance with the NEC3 contract.
- Analysing the contract terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk; such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work; As work proceeds make recommendations on the mitigation of these risks; monitor performance and Supporting remedial actions.
- Working with the other Project Team members to check that actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and suggesting possible ways of resolving the situation.
- Developing and managing a procedure to recognize and identify contract disputes as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Maintaining a working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract administration
- Providing analysed contract performance, quantities, cost and schedule data within the Project Business Team.
- Checking that contemporaneous records are kept, and correspondence, instructions, and communications are crafted in accordance with the contract terms and issued within the prescribed time limitations.
Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the Lead Contracts Administrator in providing the Project Team with reviews and analysis of the contract performance data.
- Supporting the Lead Contracts Administrator in maintaining a working relationship with the Project, Functional and Corporate Teams
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reports to Lead Contract Administrator.
- No direct reports.
- Works closely with Site Manager(s), Cost Engineer(s) and Field Engineer(s).
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, with operational implementation and daily contractor management.
- Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience and some formal training in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, and cost control.
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration as appropriate to a multidiscipline major UK construction project.