over 2 years ago
- Purpose of the Job
To support in:
- Working with the Project Manager and other team members to analyse and report on the cost status of the works.
- Working closely with Contractors' to assess and analyse the cost status of the works; assessing Contractor dashboards and making recommendations where appropriate. Briefing the Project Manager on the cost status of the works.
- Co-ordinating the implementation and day to day operation of the Project Change/Trend Program within their Project. Raises, records and reports Trends. Co-ordinating weekly Trend meetings. Monitoring the timely raising and resolution of Trends. Utilising the Trend Database to progress the resolution of trends via weekly trend meetings at project/site level in order to update the AFC.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Maintaining the Cost Management database and checking that forecast and budgeted costs align with cost flows for EV purposes.
- Developing and contributing to the weekly and period reporting requirements.
- Participating in re-forecasts as required by the programme.
- Deploying and implementing the Project Control requirements included in contracts.
- Interfacing with contract administration on contract issues and status of changes. Providing assistance with assessment of changes.
- Participating in the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data, statistical analysis and cost and quantity comparisons. Developing new techniques as required to meet specific needs and within the parameters specified.
- Assisting projects in identifying and assessing changes.
- Participating in and contributing to Value Engineering studies
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client Target Zero principles.
- Cooperate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk.
- Main challenges of the job
- Demonstrating good knowledge of the project scope/schedule and all cost related issues as part of an integrated project team.
- Questioning the availability of alternative options when change is identified to help minimise the effect on cost and schedule.
- Delivering cost information inline with the project reporting timetable as part of a 4 weekly reporting cycle.
- Working closely with team members to help prevent the possibility of cost surprises.
- Person Specification
- Working knowledge of cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
- Construction experience as a Cost Engineer preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, with operational implementation and daily contractor management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with experience of presenting cost engineering information to management/clients.
- Experience of identifying, analysing, and solving problems.
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering or Construction Management or Quantity Surveying or equivalent experience.
- An advanced level of MS Excel skills desirable.
- Experience of forecasting, scheduling techniques and risk analysis.