Up to £0.00 per annum
10 days ago
1. Purpose of the Job
This office-based role will support the Central Operating Section and Rolling Stock Team who are responsible for the delivery and commissioning of the new Client Class 345 Units. The role requires strong Excel and Maximo (or equivalent) skills to support the COS process. A high level of analytics is essential as is the ability to influence key stakeholders internally and externally at various levels.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Work collaboratively with other Client's teams and suppliers to develop and deliver an integrated testing and commissioning plan for the COS.
- Actively manage Bombardier to ensure they deliver their commitments required to allow the successful testing and commissioning of the COS.
- Work alongside the Client Testing & Commissioning teams ensuring that any issues are fed-back and suitably addressed.
- Highlight any specific Risk and Safety concerns and be actively involved in providing mitigating solutions.
- Producing periodic reporting using Excel, including but not limited to; importing data, generating visuals, manipulating data, reporting, creating pivot tables.
- Work as part of a small team. You will be required to be on-call some evening and weekends. This will also require some remote working / reporting.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
- Providing an interface between the Central Section testing and commissioning team and key rolling stock stakeholders, including Bombardier.
- Communicating and reporting progress in a concise, timely and accurate manner, keeping your line manager well informed.
- Influencing key internal and external stakeholders to chase on deliverables.
- Analysing arising issues and being able to develop, propose and implement practical solutions.
- Maintaining a high level of flexibility when dealing with changing requirements.
- Carefully managing different teams and stakeholders and appropriately handle information of various sensitivities.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- The role includes no direct Line Management responsibility.
- Rolling Stock Testing Support - Fleet
- Senior Project Manager, Rolling Stock
- Rolling Stock Engineering Manager
5. Person Specification
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills; Import data, running scripts, pivot tables, daily reporting.
- Driven, self-starter with the ability to work independently and use initiate to create desired outcomes
- Maximo or similar database experience essential
- Good understanding of engineering and railway project delivery (desirable).
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written), at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills and an effective team player
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Knowledge of schedule management, risk / issue management, budgetary control, approvals & acceptance, quality and safety matters.
- Awareness of the safety regime within the railway industry, railway operations, engineering or manufacturing environments.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders and deal with competing interests in an inclusive and pragmatic manner.
- Strong delivery ethic, with excellent programme awareness and a commitment for successful delivery to schedule.
- Ability to give pragmatic and timely technical support advice to internal and external parties.
- Confidently act as the 'face' of the Client and represent its interests to the supplier organisation and other bodies.