£1 - £2 per annum
over 1 year ago
Delivery Manager - Stations
To support the Employer in relation to directly managing project team activities in constructing, commissioning and handing over the four new stations. Through the appropriate use of Employer's monitoring and reporting processes, checking that projects are managed in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner within the parameters of the contracts, and supporting the Employer in defining strategy for the execution of works within the directorate and checking that resources are engaged in a timely manner to assist the client in delivering the works.
Support the Employer in relation to the following:
- Maintaining the organisational structure, including off-project functional and specialist support. Defining and communicating roles, responsibilities and authorities to project team members/partners with the intent of completing the projects in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule, and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Checking scope, design basis and objectives are defined, best practices/lessons learned are reviewed, detailed work plans, schedules, budgets and procedures are established, including: Execution Plan; Contract Management Plan; Plan for addressing critical cross-functional work processes and systems, etc. As necessary, obtaining concurrence by the members of the project team and functional management. Promoting the use of constructability reviews during project execution.
- Monitoring and controlling contractual commitments to check that work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, that a trend program is in place, that change orders and claims are processed in a timely manner. Implementing and maintaining a change management control system.
- Facilitating with project team the development, communication, implementation, update and continual use of the Project Execution Plan, Testing and Commissioning Strategy and Handover Strategy documents.
- Build effective working relationships with managers as a partner organisation in order to agree arrangements for the effective management of interfaces which, in turn will lead to the timely signing off of station handover
- Reviewing project control systems which measure progress/performance, provide early warning of deviations from Plan, and identify corrective actions to be taken.
- Identifying quality requirements and checking that the proper processes are identified to achieve contractual quality commitments.
- Overseeing the Environmental, Safety & Health program for both the office and field work environments including contractor and subcontractor activities.
- Supporting the Document Control and Records Management function. Delivering documentation turnover packages to the client at the end of the project. Checking that customer standards for documentation and electronic files are understood and implemented.
- Assisting in the training of new project managers and other project personnel in key positions through both formal training courses and on-the-job training. .
- Promoting the management concept of Continuous Improvement (CI) among all members of the project team. Promoting the concept of total installed cost (TIC). Initiates, promotes and continually practices team building.
- Conducting periodic project meetings consistent with the project communications plan to promote and facilitate communication, review progress/performance, discuss issues and facilitate problem resolution. Developing communication plans to monitor effective communications between Client teams.
- Discharging its duties under the NEC contract as Project Manager.
- Discharging its duties under the CDM Regulations 2007, complying with the management arrangements for CDM, within their area of responsibility,
- Lead and manage in a way that is consistent with Client's Target Zero ambition. Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles
- Identify quality requirements and ensure the proper processes are established and implemented to achieve contractual quality commitments and to minimise rework per the Client's Right First Time principles
- Assure that work is implemented in accordance with project environmental and social sustainability objectives
- Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times*
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too*
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues*
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk*
*These accountabilities are mandatory