4 months ago
Accountable for the safe design and development of high complexity multi-disciplinary Infrastructure railway enhancement and renewal projects throughout the early project lifecycle from inception to creation of a robust single option.
1. Accountable for development of complex projects or a portfolio of lower complexity projects in a safe, sustainable and environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
2. Lead the feasibility, option selection and single option development stages in accordance with the Client Remit and Sponsor's Instruction. Appoint and manage consultants and contractors to deliver the required outputs where necessary, ensuring a successful transition to delivery at the appropriate stage for the project
3. Provide a professional and effective project development service to the client(s), including reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and guidelines including reviewing, clarifying, challenging and agreeing remits and requirement documents.
4. Provide professional advice to clients on project development and related techniques which include identifying strategies for the development and implementation stages, balancing project objectives within known constraints e.g. available funding, current market conditions, access strategies, high level resources and programme timescales.
5. Manage and update business cases to support investment submissions, business objectives, including strategic planning, benefits, costs and risks.
6. Lead the development of Consents to support the project, including liaison with legal, property, town planning and external stakeholders and government.
7. Engage with and lead effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborate through the wider rail industry to deliver key project requirements and remitted outputs for internal and external clients.
8. Minimise project safety risk through the management of the pre-construction phase, management of CDM compliance (appointments, competencies, duties), application of Safe by Design, CSM Hazard Identification, Close Call monitoring and discharging delegated duties of the Principal Designer Representative in accordance with the CDM.
9. Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of the projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisational practice and creation of baseline programme and on-going management, to support the delivery of an efficient Programme Level integrated plan.
10. Implement and manage project budgets, contracts, procurement and periodic reviews, through leading the multi-disciplinary teams including programme controls, engineering, commercial and others in identifying solutions to meet client requirements.
11. Managing project reviews at appropriate points throughout the project lifecycle which will inform governance decisions by providing evaluations of progress, performance and identify, evaluate, mitigate and manage commercial and programme risks.
12. Establish and implement where necessary, protocols to control and assess the impact of change. Manage contingency within the development stages of the project(s) and provide all cost, contingency and programme details to the Sponsor and update and maintain configuration documents as required.
* Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrable experience.
* Membership of the Association for Project Management (APM) or relevant professional qualification
* Proven ability in complex project management including demonstrable experience in team leadership, planning, budgeting, contracting and project governance.
* Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills at all levels. This should include Customers; 3rd party representatives, other business & functional leaders and key support personnel.
* Experience in managing ambiguity in a project environment with strong evaluation and decision making skills.
* Demonstrable experience in developing structured Business Cases and Investment procedures.
* Demonstrable project safety management practice knowledge and application of relevant construction and Health and Safety legislation, including Construction Design Management (CDM) and Common Safety Method (CSM).
* Commercial acumen including contract management experience (internal and external).
* Proven ability to influence/communicate at all levels.
* Demonstrable experience of managing within a complex matrix environment.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of Network Rail investment regulations, commercial and Procurement regulations and practices.
* Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
* Knowledge of Network Rail's assets and how they are managed.
* Accident investigation experience.
* You will be team player and a self-starter with willingness to learn, challenge and get involved.