+ Pension, Flex Fund
about 1 month ago
Ensure assets and systems are energy efficient, integrated, connected and enabled to minimise the operating cost, the operational carbon emissions and facilitate effective operations and management of the railway.
- Uphold the requirement for an energy efficient railway by engaging cross functionally with colleagues to provide clarity on how this will be achieved at a system and asset level.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure assets and systems meet energy efficiency requirements.
- Ensure systems are integrated (metering, data, controls, maintenance & analytical software) in order to enable effective management of energy in the operation of the railway.
- Work with the Infrastructure Manager to develop energy-related high level operating procedures that deliver energy efficiency and management. This will enable effective design and commissioning of energy systems.
- Specify and implement technologies, requirements and systems for accurate energy data collection and analyses. This will enable monitoring and improvements in energy performance during operation of the railway.
- Support in commercial and technical evaluation of revenue generation opportunities related to energy assets.
- Assess the technical feasibility of initiatives to improve the integration into the future UK energy infrastructure, capturing commercial opportunities and enabling decarbonisation of the grid.
- Identify and embed appropriate standards and certification (e.g, ISO 50001).
- Keep up to date with industry and best practice.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide clarity on complex issues.
- Ability to build and manage relationships internally and externally and influence stakeholders to secure support
- Ability to work across functions and virtual teams to achieve outcomes.
- Ability to produce and present materials regarding complex issues to a variety of audiences, including internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix organisation, extracting data and information from a wide number of stakeholders and documents.
- Energy management practices in buildings and/or infrastructure.
- Renewable energy generation technology/ low carbon on-site generation
- Mechanical and Electrical Services in buildings.
- Application of Controls systems (BMS/EMS) to manage energy performance of buildings and assets.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK energy generation and distribution changes - future energy scenarios, major shifts and challenges in the sector.
Type of experience
- Design or operation of energy metering, monitoring and analytical systems.
- Delivering energy efficiency projects in Mechanical & Electrical services.
- Specifying or using BMS/EMS systems to manage energy.
- Managing projects or programmes of work in large organisations.
- Experience of delivering results through others.
- Experience of working in an environment with a high degree of scrutiny.
- Technical and financial evaluation of energy related projects.