4 months ago
Engineering Manager (Power) - Crossrail Project
Contract position based at Canary Wharf
Rate negotiable depending or relevant experience.
Support the Project Manager to discharge the technical component of his duties under the contracts in the delivery of HV traction power systems and HV non-traction power systems.
Ensure that all technical interfaces within scoped areas and at works contract boundaries are appropriately managed through Interface communication protocols. Promote the identification, tracking and resolution / closure of interfaces with all interfacing parties including other systemwide contract packages, stations, shafts, portals and tunnels.
Manage the resolution of technical issues arising on site.
Responsible for managing the resolution of technical issues and deliverables for the HV traction power and HV non-traction power systems and the co-ordination with other systems (e.g. LV systems provided at Stations, Shafts and Portals, and SCADA provided by C660).
Responsible for managing the delivery of Engineering Safety Management, System Engineering and Assurance deliverables for the HV traction power and HV non-traction power systems.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- A Chartered Engineer or equivalent, with proven relevant HV electrical engineering experience in a railway environment
- Professional qualifications in electrical engineering or an associated discipline
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues affecting railway systems and in particular the key interfaces and integrations of these systems during the design, construction, test / commissioning and operation stages of a railway
- A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry and the design, development and assurance processes
- Knowledge of HV systems testing and commissioning
- Good knowledge of construction planning and logistics
- Experience in the management of leading consultants and staff
- Excellent inter-personal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidiscipline management team
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills
** Suitbale Candidates Must be authoried to work in the EU as immediate start **