East London, London
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
14 days ago
Rail - Estates Commercial Property Manager
Our Client currently has a requirement for an: Estates Commercial Property Manager
- FTC Duration: Until - 30 April 2021 - with potential extension
Below are the key requirements for this post:
- Surveyor with commercial experience.
- Degree in a property related profession. i.e. A degree in surveying.
- Preferably working towards a professional qualification in the property sector.
- Good understanding of commercial property payment process, including rent, rates, building services
Purpose of the Job
To professionally manage, validate and administer all Estate commercial related property matters, including leases, licences, rent and fee calculations. To be responsible for the evaluation, checks and certification of rent, service charge, estates charge, insurance, business rates and other contract supplier bills etc. To track and proactively manage business rate budget forecasts, refunds and rental income where applicable, working with the Head of Estates to ensure appropriate commercial property budgets are in place, that appropriate purchase orders are raised, invoices received are appropriately validated and payment made within the necessary timescales.
Project manage clean delivery of allocated land from principle contractors through to end users acting as a key focus point for each Delivery Project Manager and Head of Estates.
- Manage the Estates commercial related property interests and budget i.e. rent, rates, insurance and service charge related activities etc, working with finance, consultants, managing agents and local authorities maintaining a database of account records for audit.
- To validate and ensure appropriate budgets, purchase orders, invoices received and payments align and are undertaken in a professional and timely manner.
- Work with TfL on rental valuations, rent reviews, arrears, lettings, site inspections, tenant queries, site meetings, reactive/planned landlord and tenant maintenance or repair obligations liaising with the Estates Senior Property Manager.
- Manage Clients rating consultants in preparation of robust annual rating forecasts, quarterly payment validation reports, rebates and stringent payments on time to local authorities.
- Work Client's legal and support consultants where required in the preparation of lease or licence agreements when required.
- To manage professional property services consultants.
- Assist where required in the validation, certification and payment of other estate contract invoices ensuring support information aligns with actual work undertaken to provide value for money and that payment is within correct timescales.
- Undertake management of assigned Estate land parcels, working with the Land Asset Manager, Senior CAD operator, Head of Estates and relevant project managers to successfully return and document assigned construction use land onto a specified end user.
- Document successful land transfers using certificates and CAD drawings into the Estates database.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Head of Estates.
Main challenges of the job
- Monitor budgets, raise purchase orders and validate invoices against the contract service or works undertaken to ensure they match the contracted sums or rates given. If acceptable approve and process payments within the correct commercial and contracted timescales required.
- To ensure that the commercial order and payment process is suitably documented and available for audit purposes.
- To get the best service out of support consultants and contractor counterparts in delivering their brief.
- Proactively develop with commercial counterpart correct invoices to minimise approval issues on receipt and where appropriate identify robust future forecast budgets
- Develop constructive and effective on site working relationships with each delivery Project Manager, their site team, Principle Contractor and end user to enable a smooth handover of land.
- Develop and manage the service level delivery of outsourced and internal services to produce clear reporting, deliverables and accountabilities.
- To ensure service suppliers are approved and that correct account details and contracts are captured.
The suitable person should either be qualified, recently qualified or working towards becoming professionally qualified in a property related discipline i.e. MRICS. Alternatively, they will be able to demonstrate suitable property experience managing rates, rent, lease and licences.
- Accordingly, the job holder should refer to the attached skills matrix outlining the requirements for this particular role in the following areas:
- Health & Safety
- Cost Management
- Risk Management
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.