+ Pension, Flex Fund
about 1 month ago
To undertake investigations into an allocated caseload, provide fraud awareness training and to undertake fraud risk assessments with the aim of maximising investigation success and to both prevent and to minimise HS2's losses from fraud, bribery and corruption.
This role sits within the Counter Fraud function, and the section's purpose is two-fold:
- To support the management of all internal/ external risks of fraud, bribery and corruption, by undertaking investigations (e.g. as referred via Speak Out line) to identify (if present) fraud, bribery and or corruption; and
- To champion and develop ethical values both within client and its supply chain.
- Managing an allocated caseload of investigations relating to whistle-blower concerns, suspected fraud, instances of suspected staff malfeasance and ethical
- Investigating all cases efficiently using a variety of investigation techniques in accordance with legislation and investigation standards.
- Production of investigation reports and evidential material to appropriate standards for use by senior management (where applicable). As well as giving evidence at court, tribunal and/ or disciplinary proceedings.
- Collaborate with other investigatory compliance, audit and law enforcement bodies, both internally and externally.
- Work jointly with HR to support and conduct proportionate and responsible misconduct investigations.
- To assist the Counter Fraud function in utilising data analytics to pro-actively search for instances of fraud, bribery and corruption.
- Attendance at appropriate company committees as and when required.
- Design and maintain the reporting of the outcome based metrics of the function.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Assist the Head of Counter Fraud and Business Ethics in building the Counter Fraud and Business Ethics function.
- To work with and support the Head of Counter Fraud and Business Ethics to:
- Deliver training on fraud awareness to staff and contractors/ delivery partners; and
- Conduct regular fraud risk assessments on all business activities, including providing expert guidance in reviewing functions and workflow processes to minimise fraud risks.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to brief senior management and provide concise and professional advice
- Strong and proven ability of conducting complex fraud investigations, in particular relating to procurement and contract fraud
- Ability to work with all levels to manage conflicts and conduct difficult discussions/ interviews and close matters in a timely manner
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Proven exposure to undertaking multiple investigations contemporaneously which are running at different speeds and in an ever changing environment
- Strong understanding and experience of undertaking fraud and associated investigations within a large corporate environment
- Strong written skills, enabling succinct investigation reports to be produced with minimal amendment
- Professional accreditation in a fraud discipline e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Professional Investigations Programme - Level 2 (PIP), Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (ACFS - Expert)
- Extensive knowledge of criminal law
- Possess a strong knowledge of operational facets of the procurement/ contract management process and procurement/ contract management fraud risks, red flags, controls and investigation techniques
- An appreciation of property/ land fraud risks and mitigants
Type of Experience
- 8+ years investigation experience, of which 3+ must be in a corporate fraud investigation environment
- Experience of giving evidence at Crown Courts, tribunals and disciplinary hearings
- Significant experience of the detection and investigation of complex fraud investigations involving procurement/ contract fraud
- Extensive experience of report writing for use by senior management
- Creation and delivery of fraud awareness training
- Undertaking and the reporting of fraud risk assessments as part of a fraud risk management program
- Competent creator of corporate policies and procedures relating to fraud
- Demonstrable experience of operating in a matrix management environment