Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
over 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
The Crossrail programme is moving into an exciting stage, the system-wide fit-out works within the tunnels and stations are mobilising.
Contract C660 is overseeing the design and implementation of communication and control systems within the central section areas and require a graduate engineer to support and oversee a range of technical and quality related activities.
The individual will be expected to participate fully in the programme and to drive own performance and progress towards relevant accreditation.
- Assist the project team in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities.
- Shadow the C660 leadership team and act as facilitators for a wide range of activities
- Undertake reviews of contractor technical submittals, method statements, work package plans, design and deliverables as required.
- Provide input into engineering solutions/specifications to resolve queries and coordinate resolution of issues where required.
- Communicate information to keep project team members informed of technical issues and progress.
- Provide support with the coordination of the supply of technical information where required and assist with managing the interface arrangements such that other disciplines are supplied with information to allow their progression.
- Monitor contractor compliance with Environmental, Safety and Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Receive and comment on contractor reports, attend contractor progress review meetings and develop and maintain supporting documentation.
- Drive own performance and progress in relation to industry accreditation/ chartership, including meeting regularly with supervisor/ mentor.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Respond quickly to changing priorities, working autonomously or part of a team as tasks dictate.
- Support the C660 leadership team in day to day activities
- Taking ownership of delegated tasks and proactively manage through to completion.
- Delivering to deadline in a dynamic project environment where change is a constant characteristic.
- Creating good working relationships with stakeholders, industry partners, design team consultants and contractors
- Ensuring that all work completed meets relevant standards and best practice guidance and is documented in an appropriate fashion.
- 2:1 degree in engineering preferred but not essential
- 1 year industry experience preferable but not essential
- High standards of written communication, verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning.
- Good analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools.
- A proactive, flexible, hands-on approach to identification and resolution of problems.
- Self-motivated to overcome potential barriers and obstacles.
- Identifies and embraces change.
- A strong focus on internal and external customers.
- Ability to share information, knowledge and skills.