East London, London
almost 2 years ago
There is a requirement for a Operations (Ops) Manager to come onto the Crossrail C660 project in East London on a contract-basis.
- A critical and exciting leadership role responsible for managing core administrative and management processes, that govern C660 delivery.
- Responsible for implementing project level processes and activities that relate to the smooth running and operation of the project, including, but not limited to: Arrangement, planning and management of key reviews and regular meetings; Oversight of Dashboard and Viz data; Recruitment and resource management; External affairs and communications; Production of key summary reports (eg Weekly Progress reports and Board presentations); Management of SharePoint and other core processes to ensure the smooth running of the C660 operation.
- Establishing, improving and ensuring team compliance with key meetings, reviews, and presentations etc
- Providing regular communication forums (weekly reports, newsletter, organising all-hands, etc) to ensure all of C660 is fully engaged and abreast of the latest information and news. Responsible for planning the agenda, setting them up and making them happen.
- Being the key interface with other departments such as the Director's office and Viz teams, to ensure alignment
- Directing and providing functional oversight of core administrative processes, including maintaining and evolving SharePoint, with latest information
- Reviewing and recommending staffing needs for cost, schedule, risk and contract administration activities. Maintaining project staffing registers and forecasts.
- Input to the Change Management System, to ensure that regular review and mitigation of trends takes place, and support with Change Papers
- Input to certain "business cases" to ensure that full and proper commercial decisions are taken.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ability to make things happen, influence outcomes.
- High energy, drive, self starter
- Degree in Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience on a large scale rail infrastructure project.
- Experience and training in planning, risk,, administration and management of large teams
- Significant experience of dealing with large M&E packages and/or T&C