East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 3 years ago
A Planning Engineer is required on a contractual-basis on the Crossrail project.
- Supporting the project teams with all planning related activities associated with the management of their contracts and reporting requirements.
- Participating and supporting the project teams in project and programme planning and progress meetings. Identifying and maintaining programme / project milestone and schedule interface activities.
- Responsible for preparing periodic progress reporting of Level 1 and Level 2 schedules.
- Performing and/or coordinating, collecting, verifying, and integrating the work scope for all entities into the total project plan.
- Performing productivity analysis of construction operations. Establishing the productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviewing labour estimates for reasonableness.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- Working knowledge of multiple discipline specific software applications, such as Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Office Applications, for example.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Experience of planning railway systems (track, electro-mechanical, OHLE)
- Understanding of systems testing and commissioning and scheduling thereof
- Clear understanding of system interfaces
- Experience of producing and managing detailed integrated programmes
- Experienced in multi-party dealings - integration meetings, schedule updates etc.
- Experience and knowledge based confidence in challenging contractor programmes
- Reasonable understanding of NEC3 relevant Time clauses