about 1 year ago
At Talascend international we are currently recruiting for Principle Signalling Engineers on a contract basis, ideally located close to either Birmingham or York.
Principle Signalling Engineer -
- Carry out the duties of Signalling Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Project Engineer (PE) as required.
- Ensure internal and contractor's design/construction/specialists' personnel have the correct competencies.
- Manage all Signalling engineering activities on allocated projects so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Manage the design and/or construction elements of allocated projects ensuring they meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) and CSM-RA regulations.
- Provide advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision.
- Assist the Head of Discipline (HoD) in developing a culture of technical excellence by driving a right first-time approach.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
- Assist the HoD in the development & innovative solutions.
- Identify and help to share best practice across all project teams.
- Degree/HNC or relevant experience;
- Good communicator
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, CSM-RA, risk assessment, engineering management competency.
- Experience in people management
- A working knowledge of Network Rail and other client Standards
- Specific experience of project development for signalling schemes, NR approval processes, signalling schemes review panel processes and deliverables criteria for signalling schemes.
- Approved as a Network Rail Contractors Responsible Engineers (CRE) or previously worked as a Network Rail Project Engineer
- Knowledge of quality assurance
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
- Project safety management experience
- Yellow book course
- IRSE Principles & Checker Design Licenses
- Knowledge of Bentley Microstation and Alstom Plans software packages