Manchester, Greater Manchester
£0.01 - £1.01 per day + negotiable day rate inside of IR35
9 months ago
Rail Project Engineer (Buildings & Civils): Manchester Based
6 Months Contract (min) negotiable day rate on offer (Inside IR35)
To manage design and/or construction activities for allocated projects. Managing so that appropriate engineering standards are used in relation to design and/or construction on allocated projects within the national programme with compliance to the requirements of the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), relevant legislation, Group and company standards, and procedures.
- Implement systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
- Monitor specific projects managed by Infrastructure Investment so that they are engineered to the standards and specification, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
- Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with clients environmental policy.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
- Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage so that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Monitor so that the contractor's design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
- Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
- Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
- Successful relevant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, risk assessment , auditing internal and external competency.
- CITB CSCS scheme.
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Project safety management experience
- Yellow book course.