Birmingham, West Midlands
£300 - £325 per day + Inside IR35
18 days ago
Working for the Delivery Partner, a Quality Manager is required for Phase 2 to support the delivery of the programme in compliance with the stated requirements, through the design, development and implementation of effective quality management processes and procedures in support of delivery.
Additionally, as Quality Manager you'll lead the development of surveillance and monitoring regimes, appropriate supplier controls and the development and implementation of a robust Quality culture.
- Reviewing procedures and updates to maintain the controlled environment across Phase 2b activities, through the development of new procedures as necessary to support the delivery of the works that are consistent with the Integrated Management System.
- Implement the controls necessary to deliver the Phase 2b programme in compliance with the stated requirements in consultation with the delivery teams. Provide support to the Phase 2b team, to resolve any quality issues that may arise and provide advice and support to the Area Director responsible for Phase 2.
- Support the central Quality team in review and update of the Integrated Management System as necessary for Phase 2b team
- Use quality management tools and techniques to promote continual improvements and quality awareness throughout the Phase 2b Programme.
- Contribute to the selection and evaluation of suppliers for the programme to help ensure the all suppliers can comply with the Integrated Management System and have the necessary capabilities to deliver consistently to the required standard.
- Participate in Management meetings providing insight into the key areas of concern within Phase 2b.
- Support the resolution of Resolve issues that result from identified non-conformity via discussion with the Phase 2b team and supplier or contractor if applicable. Where necessary escalate issues to functional and programme management heads.
- Manage supplier and contractor relationships with regard to quality maters ensure that requirements are understood and complied with, work is completed to the required standard and the facilitation of continual improvement through the supply chain.
- Establish and agree key performance targets in order to optimize business performance in line with set objectives.
- Input into the audit planning process to ensure that key area risks are included in the programme and that contractors and suppliers have the appropriate coverage in consultation with the Head of Quality and Document Management.
- Participate in management system audits, contractor and supplier audits as required.
- Auditor Certification IRCA
- Essential - Internal auditor certificate,
- Desirable - Principal or Lead Auditor Certification
- Good communication skills including report writing
- Preparation of Quality Planning and Quality Control documents
- Ability to effectively interface with staff across all levels of the project
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong practical software usage skills in designing spreadsheets, presentations and diagramming,
- Educated to minimum of level 4/5 (HND/Degree or equivalent) in an engineering or construction related subject
- A member of the Chartered Quality Institute or other similar body, ideally chartered status
- Knowledge of Lean and six Sigma DMAIC methodology, ideally hold a belt qualification (yellow, green or black)
- Strong practical knowledge in the implementation and on-going development of management systems based on the recognised standards such as ISO9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
- Document Control principles and practices
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in the successful management and implementation of management systems and assurance in the construction and /or rail industries
- Supply chain quality guidance and assurance