Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
almost 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To manage the periodic reporting cycle providing operational, financial and programme performance information to the Operations Directorate and the wider programme.
To support the team governance requirements, aiding process development, compliance monitoring and reporting.
To provide general support to the Operations Business Manager, assisting with team communications, secretariat duties and general administration for the Business Management team.
- Management of the periodic and other regular reporting cycles, ensuring that departmental heads provide content in line with the reporting requirements and submission timetables.
- Collation of reporting data from disparate systems and sources, understanding the data and presenting it in a clear and easily accessible manner, including the use of project dashboards.
- Development and production of regular management reports within the Operations Directorate for review and quality assurance by the reporting team and Operations Director: management of report updates through the cycle of report reviews, ensuring that configuration control is achieved.
- Organisation, set-up and co-ordination of meetings and workshops to support the reporting timetable as required.
- Provision of quality control reviews of regular management reports submitted to / by the Operations Directorate.
- Provision of feedback to the wider business and reporting resources, identifying opportunities for process and systems improvements and ways to implement these changes.
- Supporting the definition, implementation and maintenance of Operations Directorate governance processes, acknowledging the unique relationship that exists within the team.
- Maintenance and update of templates / forms as required in order to provide a consistent style for reporting in line with requirements: suggestion and development of new templates / forms as requirements evolve.
- Maintenance of the framework of requirements for reports produced for internal Operations Directorate use and for external reporting within and beyond.
- Provision of guidance to the Operations team in relation to the reporting and governance processes, user requirements and templates / forms that should be used.
- Management of meeting arrangements in support of the Operations Business Management team including, meeting calendars, agendas and progressing closure of actions.
- Supporting the Operations Business Manager in development of team building and communications activities for the Operations team.
- Undertaking other reporting related administrative tasks that may arise from time to time.
- Co-operation in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
Main challenges of the job
- To ensure the effective flow of reporting information from project through to programme level in order to meet reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- To understand, collate, aggregate and translate information received and to communicate this in an easily accessible manner, with accurate and clear reporting summaries.
- To maintain a high level of flexibility when dealing with changing requirements.
- To carefully manage different teams and stakeholders and appropriately handle information of various sensitivities.
- To identify issues and offer solutions that may be practically implemented within the environment.
- To provide coordination of Operations reporting with the emerging and changing reporting requirements for TfL.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
There are no direct budgetary or management responsibilities associated with this role
Key interfaces include:
- Head of Operations Business Management
- Reporting Managers
- Project Delivery Teams
- Educated to at least degree level, or equivalent training and experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Time management, organisation and prioritisation skills for planning and agreeing activities.
- Analytical and diligent with a high attention to detail.
- Experienced in the production of project and / or programme reports and related forms / templates.
- Knowledge of project and / or programme management.
- Proficient user of IT systems (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, internet, MS Access, SharePoint etc.)
- Ability to extract and collate data from different sources and systems.
- Ability to cope successfully under pressure with changing priorities.
- Knowledge of large engineering construction projects.