Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
The project is being delivered through a series of Tier 1 Contracts. One of the critical success factors of this contract is the successful delivery of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for both Central Management System (CMS) at the Route Control Centre (RCC) and Station Management System (SMS).
The SCADA/BMS Engineer supports this goal by acting as the representative for the C660 project team at and Contractor sites throughout the UK. The SCADA/BMS Engineer will engage with and Contractor project teams in the day-to-day delivery of the SCADA / Software and will support the system testing in the factory and sites via coordination with other and Contractor project teams.
- Work collaboratively with other and Contractor teams to develop and proactively deliver resolutions for system integration issues identified during Testing and Commissioning (T&C) phases.
- Work alongside and Contractor Testing and Commissioning teams ensuring that any issues are fed back and suitably addressed.
- Actively manage Contractors to ensure they deliver their commitments required to allow the successful Testing and Commissioning of Communications and Control systems.
- Work with the Contractors to provide ongoing improvements to the quality and efficiency of the software development.
- Work with the Contractors to establish adequate software and system integration tests that ultimately demonstrate that the requirements of the Works Information have been met.
- Highlight any specific Risk and Safety concerns and be actively involved in providing mitigating solutions.
- Provide assistance to Contractors in the system integration testing of the CMS and SMS across all and Contractor sites.
- Take the initiative to work proactively on a day to day basis to identify and resolve project issues.
- Prepare Verification Activity Plan and witness Testing and Commissioning carried out by Contractors.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for 's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with 's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put 's information or information systems at risk
- Support 's goal of delivering an integrated railway.
Main challenges of the job
- Working as part of the multi-organisation Triage Team, providing analysis of issues and facilitating finding solutions.
- To communicate and report progress in a concise, timely and accurate manner, keeping the Project team well informed.
- To maintain a high level of flexibility when dealing with changing project requirements.
- To carefully manage different teams and stakeholders and appropriately handle information of various sensitivities.
- To identify issues and offer solutions that may be practically implemented within the project environment.
- Develop and uphold good working relations with other and Contractors teams
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- C660 and C660 Contractor Project Teams
- Station, Shaft, Portal and Systemwide and Contractor Project Teams
- Chief Engineers Group
- Operators (RfL and MTR-C)
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (preferably Systems Engineering / Software / Electrical Engineering).
- Knowledge and experience of Software / SCADA, development, testing and commissioning relating to rail and/or station systems.
- Ability to interface and work with railway domain specialists, design managers, software engineers, and test managers in a competent professional manner.
- Experience with software engineering solutions related to control and monitoring of the MEP equipment and Communications Systems.
- System engineering Lifecycles - experience of system engineering lifecycles and the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects. Awareness of software engineering methods and processes.