Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
There is a requirement for a Senior OLE Project Engineer on the Crossrail project on a contract-basis in Reading.
- To manage the use of appropriate engineering standards in relation to design and construction, on all projects within the national programme and check whether they comply with legislation, Railway Group and Network Rail company standards.
- To monitor whether suitably qualified and experienced staff are employed to control engineering aspects of all projects within the functional discipline.
- Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to deliver a cost effective, high quality and safe approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects. Review all relevant legislation and liaise with relevant governmental departments.
- Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the functional discipline and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing.
- Apply engineering controls and procedures to all projects and check whether all design and construction contracts include reference to appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards applicable to their discipline.
- Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed in accordance with Network Rail Environmental Policy.
- Monitor all projects for compliance with Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards and Network Rail project control procedures.
- Advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. Monitor whether the design and construction elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Assure whether contractors' design, construction and specialist personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design and construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors to monitor whether safety and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
- Undertake the duties of nominated design and construction / design construction engineer.
Skills & Experience:
- Act as the technical lead for a programme of Electrification works, supervising and coordinating the work of a small team of competent OLE Engineers
- Have strong demonstrable Mechanical Engineering skillset applied to Overhead Line Systems including Mark 3b or similar equivalent contact systems
- Assure the Engineering compliance of Contractor's Design, Works, Testing and Entry into Operation Service.
- Use requirements management and systems engineering to ensure our works are fit for purpose.
- Significant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to at least HND level or equivalent.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- Knowledge of safety management and quality assurance.
- Understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of works.
- Accident investigation experience.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Chartered status or equivalent in the particular discipline.
- Appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.