9 months ago
Senior Risk Manager Rail Projects
Our client are seeking a Senior Risk Manager to support their Rail team who are leading on the design & delivery of a number of leading Rail related projects in London. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
About our Client
Our client never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond their projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, they're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge and that's why they need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
About the role
Our Risk Management team, work with industry-leading clients on major multi-billion pound projects, programmes and portfolios of work, providing support and technical information relevant to the service requirements. In collaboration with the wider Programme and Project Controls community, our service excellence is supported by internal knowledge communities and collaboration tools to capture and share best practice. We are looking for self-starting and motivated analysts to join our high performing team of risk and value analysts, managers and consultants.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Demonstrate effectiveness of the risk management process and integrate with other project management and control disciplines.
- Provide support to the Service Capability Leader for Risk Management in development of risk management service capability.
- Manage and deliver project or programme controls work by delivering risk management activities to identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on threats and opportunities to our clients within capital projects, whilst meeting defined objectives within time and cost parameters
- Deliver scope of work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls
- Delivery of risk management services to clients in compliance with client governance, processes and objectives.
- Facilitation of workshops in a client environment, using advanced methods for risk, value and lessons learnt processes.
- Undertaking day-to-day risk management activities including identification, prioritisation, register management, action planning and monitoring.
- Production of periodic risk reporting including profiled risk expenditure, impacted risk / drawdown and risk exposure changes.
- Developing and undertaking advanced Quantitative Risk Analysis including Cost, Schedule and integrated Cost and Schedule analyses, to enable robust forecasting and tracking of risk exposure.
- Use knowledge and experience to ensure identification and management of all significant risks to achievement of project objectives.
- Development and implementation of project risk management plans.
- Delivery of discrete risk interventions and embedded risk management services.
- Demonstrating the delivery of value and reduction of risk exposure through active mitigation of threats and maximisation of opportunities.
- Act as an ambassador for risk management, coaching others in the requirements, processes and benefits of risk management.
- Degree educated with proven risk management experience, including evidence of delivery of major programmes ideally within the Rail / Infrastructure sectors
- Working towards relevant professional certification, such as APM Risk Certificate, IRM Certificate
- Experience in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools, for example: @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis (previously Pertmaster), including the analysis of complex logic-linked cost-loaded schedules.
- Experience using Enterprise Risk Management tools, for example, Active Risk Manager (ARM), Predict!.
- Experience in the delivery of risk throughout the project lifecycle including support of investment decisions and delivery/implementation phases.
- Understanding of construction contracts and the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including: project management, change control, planning & scheduling, cost & commercial management and reporting.
- Evidence of previous experience in definition and delivery of risk management plans within projects.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Collaborative working style and consulting behaviours.
- A logical approach and ability to think through complex issues to co-ordinate multi-faceted aspects of projects
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. APM, IRM)
- Risk Management qualification, for example IRM International Certificate, APM Risk Certificate, or Axelos M_o_R
- An understanding of planning techniques and tools, including P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Awareness of Value Management processes and techniques.
- Prior experience of delivering Risk Management at Programme or Strategic levels
- Experience in application of a variety of contract forms.