€55000.00 - €60000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Technical Managers are technically qualified and are responsible for the safety of wagons in operation whilst limiting maintenance costs and down-time to a minimum
they report to the Technical Director and they focus on the on-site inspections and on the monitoring of the maintenance suppliers.
Technical expertise and capacity of analysis are the main characteristics of this technical manager. Dedicated to geographical areas the mission of the technical manager is to:
- Monitor the maintenance suppliers by technical visits and quality checks (wagon exit inspections),
- Communicate all the necessary technical instructions to the wheelset centres for the maintenance of the wheelsets,
- Organize with the Operations Department the Deliveries/Redeliveries of wagons,
- Perform the Deliveries/Redeliveries inspections,
- Provide technical Support to Operation / Customers / Maintenance Organization,
- Conduct investigations on sites as support of technical expertise,
- Establish instructions for corrective repairs and select workshops (for damages on tracks)
- Release the wagon to service for critical damages,
- Alert by opening an Incident Report in the event of an anomaly,
- Assess the criticality of events,
- Creates parts and part types in Kheops for the Purchase and Logistics Activity.
- Evaluation of a wagon's condition or a component in accordance with the availability, reliability, interoperability and safety criteria and taking of safety measures.
- Provision of maintenance instructions (work and repairs to be carried out) to return a wagon or component to service.
- Definition of relevant maintenance design proposals and resolution of Critical Events.
Activities that affect rail safety
- Preparation of wagons for deliveries and redeliveries,
- Definition of maintenance instructions,
- Analysis of estimates, invoices and maintenance data
- Monitoring of maintenance suppliers in terms of quality and of safety
- Support to the Procurement/Logistics Coordinators/Manager.
- All functions of Technical Department
- Customer Account Supervisor
- Supply Chain Manager
- Purchase and Logistics Coordinator
- Quality Department
- Maintenance suppliers
Skills and experience required
- Rail field engineer or technician with over 5 years' experience in the rail sector or equivalent
- Organized, accurate and meticulous
- Good contact with workshops
- Ability to work in a team
- General mechanics,
- Manufacturing processes,
- Basics about welding and non-destructive testing,
- Knowledge of wheelsets, bogies and air brakes,
- Knowledge of wagon superstructure equipment.