8 months ago
Trackwork Design Engineer
1) Job Title, Position & Role; Trackwork Design Engineer
2) Reporting directly to Trackwork Manager
3) Job Details;
a) Develop a knowledge and understanding of contractual requirements related to rail system design, material, equipment, installation, testing & commissioning.
b) Working experience of first principles alignment design without the use of a trade specific design software package
c) Working experience of track design on Viaduct section and in Tunnel section for concrete slab track
d) Working experience of undertaking Switch & Crossing (S&C) design and component specification
e) Interface and coordination with other sub-system disciplines within the Project team
f) Familiarity with conceptual design, detailed design, Technical document & construction support
g) Assist with the provision of comment on contractor's submission in relation to employer's requirements, criteria, and good industry practices.
h) Participate in the first principles checking of rolling stock clearances to platforms and line side structures
i) Participate in the preparation, revision & finalizing of trackwork design drawings (AutoCAD format) and technical designs of trackwork
j) Participate in the preparation and submission of track related asset information for input into the MMS database
k) Assist with the input of requirements and evidence into the V&V process
l) Provide an input into the compilation of Bills of Quantities (BOQ's)
m) Provide an input into the checking & verification of track material quantities for track construction
n) Participate in the undertaking of design reviews, checking & verification of track alignment and survey data for trackwork construction
o) Prepare responses, revision & re-submission of Trackwork documentation to address incoming comment from Clients Engineer on design & technical documents
p) Supporting Trackwork manager for Management and control of Trackwork Design & Construction work
Required Skill and knowledge
1) Successfully handling & completion of multiple projects
2) Good analytical and problem-solving skills
3) Years of Experience
a) Total Year of Experience; 7-10 years
b) Experience of Trackwork project; 7-10 years
4) Certificate of Graduation of Engineering
5) Certificate of English (such as TOEFL or IELTS or relevant internationally recognised English Certificates) if mother language is not English.
6) Strong skill in English speaking & writing.
7) Excellent knowledge and capabilities of Trackwork Engineering in Design and Technical
8) Experiences on Trackwork project (concrete slab track in Mainline Viaduct or Underground, S&C and ballasted & special trackwork in Depot)